We provide a fully integrated system engineering approach that incorporates subsea trees, manifolds, controls and umbilicals, subsea structures, pipelines, risers and vessel interface structures. We have thirty years of experience working on subsea developments across the world, continually stretching our capability for long subsea tieback distances and in the deepest waters. Design of new developments is typically led by the three Kenny named constituent businesses, that is, J P Kenny, MCS Kenny and MSi Kenny. As flow assurance specialists, MSi Kenny are likely to be involved very early on in projects to determine feasible solutions for transporting the hydrocarbons from the reservoir to the host facility, and continue through the project phases thereafter, ultimately specifying the operating procedures for the development. MCS Kenny take responsibility for the riser design. J P Kenny, with support from the other Wood Group Kenny constituent businesses as appropriate, leads our subsea operations support capability. We take responsibility for subsea equipment reliability and maintainability doing what is necessary to keep the development in operation. WGIM take responsibility for assessing the ongoing integrity of the subsea system in operation. This means identifying and managing offshore inspections, interpreting inspection results and assessing anomalies, assessing current integrity and finding solutions to integrity problems.
• We are currently recruiting for a Principal Riser and Mooring Engineer on a contract basis located in Lagos, Nigeria.
•The Engineer will act as guardian of the defined design/operating envelopes of plant and equipment with respect to riser and mooring systems and participate in the design of current and future projects in the DW offshore area and to offshore SPDC projects.
• Participate in the provision of offshore structures support to new and on-going projects in DWP.
• Coach any assigned offshore discipline engineer
• Networks with Discipline Heads and Asset and Project engineering Leads and Project Engineers for successful execution of projects.
- Evaluate various riser types and prepare concept selection reports.
- Prepare bases for design of risers.
- Perform design and analyses of various types or risers including steel catenary risers, drilling risers and flexible risers
- Specify and design special riser components such as end-terminations, porches, bending restrictors and I-tubes.
- Specify requirements for fabrication, installation and precommissioning.
- Prepare technical specifications for risers that will be included in invitation to tender.
- Participate in design reviews, audits and other structural-related reviews.
- Train young engineers and engineers new to the Riser systems analyses and design.
- Deliver on promises during design, construction, installation and start-up) with clear understanding and implementing NCD and HSSE requirements taking into consideration local and international standards commensurate with global demand for Projects and Technology organisation
- Responding to significant cost pressures in both project delivery and business while helping to create a sustainable organization.
- Contributing to an enabling work environment that supports the project delivery to maximize effectiveness of Civil/Structures/Offshore (CSO) discipline across all projects phases.
- Designs changes are fit-for-purpose and maintain Technical Integrity and minimise lifecycle costs
Please quote job reference IRC112227 in all correspondence relating to this position. Internal applicants must discuss their application with their line manager prior to applying. Online applications only - no email applications. Intrested candidates should click here to apply online.