FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of:
Under the guidance of the Deputy Chief of Party Management, the Director program Management will provide management and technical oversight of FHI 360 Nigeria programs to ensure that the overall projects are effectively and efficiently implemented. S/he will supervise the work of the Associate Director/s Programs supporting the various field offices and other select staff. S/he will work closely with key management to ensure compliance issues are addressed and internal controls are in place and followed. S/he will ensure that projects and programs receive the quality and quantity of services required from headquarters in a timely manner.
- Provides management and support to regional teams and country to ensure optimum support to business performance management, project implementation, budget development and tracking, and technical oversight and assistance within established policies and principles of the organizaation, the laws of host country and within the regulations and standards standards set by the donor.
- Provides overall management support to the RO and COs to ensure optimum administrative support is provided to and across CO projects within established operational principles.
- Risks identification, registration and management across country programs and country portfolios.
- Ensures harmonized enterprise service platforms in countries with two or more projects.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Comprehensive knowledge of design, implementation, and management of sector specific or multi-sector/international development programs funded by US government or other internation donors.
- Strong knowledge of donor planning and report systems.
- Knowledge of business development process and proposal development for international NGO’s.
- Demonostrated knowledge of strategic planning, administrative, and financial management systems.
- Knowledge of various funding mechanisms, general contracting and reporting requirements.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated management, supervision, networking and leadership skills working with large complex programs.
- Diplomatic, representation and policy development skills; demonstrated experiene in undertaking high-level policy dialogue with different stakeholders.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding in country issues.
- Ability to motivate, influence, and collaborate with others.
- Ability to build positive effective working relationships.
- Typically requires a minimum of 10+ years with project management experience.
- Demonstrated experience in multi-sector project management and implementation.
- Demonstrated strategic planning, staff development and capacity building experience.
- Experience in budgeting, financial planning and interpreting financial reports
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing complex projects that are strategic in nature and national/international in scope.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English; fluent in host country language.
- Experience operating in challenging environments.
- Experience working in a non-governmental organization (NGO).
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills to plan, organize, and manage resources for successful completion of projects and across projects within a country or regional portfolio.
- Prioritizes problems and establishes practical, time- sensitive and achievable action plans
- Ability to apply new critical thinking approaches and overcome barriers to strategic problem solving.
- Decisions and actions have a significant impact on regional or country porftolios and programs.
- Problems encountered are complex and highly varied.
- Exercises judgment to meet business strategies and develops objectives that align with organizational goals.
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities.
- Sets goals and budgets for department and leads in achieving strategic goals.
- Works with Regional and Country Directors to lead coordination of resources for ongoing projects across functional areas within a country or region and addresses/resolves portfolio issues.
- Bachelor's Degree or its International Equivalent - Knowledge/Information Services, Communications, Education, Environment, Health, Behavioral, Life/Social Sciences International Development, Human Development or Related Field.
- Certification in project management.
- Qualification in Humanitarian action and/or Project Cycle Management and/or Monitoring & Evaluation.
Method of Application
FHI 360's Career Center at http://www.fhi360.org/careers or through the Employment section at www.fhi360.org Please submit CV/resume and cover letter including salary requirements. Please specify source in your application.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale