Careers at International Business Machines Corporation (IBM)
Posted on: 30 May, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at IBM - International Business Machines
International Business Machines Corporation (IBM), is an American multinational technology and consulting corporation, with headquarters in Armonk, New York, United States. IBM manufactures and sells computer hardware and software, and offers infrastructure, hosting and consulting services in areas ranging from mainframe computers to nanotechnology.
IBM is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job ID: SWG-0637086
- The Ecosystem Development (EcoD) organization has a cross IBM mission to develop the ecosystem of Independent Software Vendor partners (ISV), developer community, MSP content providers, start ups, born on the coud companies and academic partners to accelerate growth for IBM results. As software create a strong link between the ecosystem and IBM, providing high value for partners and for IBM, the EcoD role reports to the SWG leader.
- The EcoD country leader should focus on key growth initiatives developing the ecosystem to drive ASL and influenced revenue (IBM sales when partners are selling their assets). Growth initiatives (GI) include Cloud, Big Data & Analytics, Mobile, Social, PureSystem, and Smarter Cities as the main focus in Africa.
- For those growth initiatives is expected that the EcoD leader develops and execute a plan to enable local partners in IBM technology, driving the technical enablement as well as Go To Market plan to generate wins for IBM. Plan should also include the development of local skills with Universities, including IBM content in the Universities curricula, driving international partners to do more business with IBM locally and to promote IBM with local developer community, leveraging on IBM Developer Work (DW) site and content.
- The EcoD leader will also manage the use of the IBM Innovation Centers where they exist by using them as a gearbox for Technical promotion and enablement, business development and customer events.
- Through the Global Entrepreneur Program (GEP), EcoD leader should drive new companies : StartUps, Born on the Cloud partners to do business with IBM since early stages, ensuring we grow together as they evolve. That part of the business include partnering with Incubators / Accelerators as well as Gov’t programs and Venture Capital/Angel Funds ecosystem.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong business background (sales, bus. Development) with a good understanding of the technology on how it affects and can transform the business of ISVs and customers alike. Applicant will need to have a good understanding of the local ecosystem, identifying and engaging with local key players : Partners, Universities, Accelerators, Government institutions.
- EcoD leader should have seniority to call on CEOs / Deans / Managing Directors or partners , with the ability to articulate IBM value and how they can increase their success by partnering with IBM.
Key measurement for the roles will be:
- Influenced Revenue for the Growth Initiatives
- Number of partners doing business with IBM and number of wins in the market
- Number of partners on IBM Cloud OE (blue mix), running their business on IBM cloud with IBM SW Infrastructure
- Number of courses in Universities with IBM Growth Initiative content
- Number of new Startups in the GEP program, and number of Startups enabled with IBM technology embedded.
- Technology reach to Developer Community with Hackathons, Mobilithons, DW downloads.
- University Degree preferably in IT , Engineering of Bus. Administrations
- Work experience of more than 10years
- Sales or Business Development Experience of more than 7 years
- Knowledge of local Ecosystem: ISVs (local/Int’l), Universities, Start Ups environment
- Preferably Multinational Background
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 7 years experience in Management skills, People Management
- At least 7 years experience in Time conscious, mentoring
- English: Fluent
- Master's Degree in Social Sciences
- At least 10 years experience in Management skills, People Management
- At least 10 years experience in Time conscious, mentoring
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about IBM - International Business MachinesSimilar Jobs
- General Manager - West Africa at Uber Technology
- Regional Centre Manager at AfriHUB Nigeria Limited
- Sales Roles at Direct Pay Online
- Finance Role at a Renowned Telecommunication Company
- Digital Data Analysts at Transsion Holdings
- Product Development Managers at A Leading ICT Company - Willers Solutions
- Job Opportunities at A Pan African Information Technology and Engineering Company
- IT Associates at Sulfman Consulting Limited