Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited), a leading mobile telecommunication services provider in Nigeria and a member of Airtel Africa Group, is committed to providing innovative, exciting, affordable and quality mobile services to Nigerians, giving them the freedom to communicate, rise above their daily challenges and drive economic and social development.
- The position will have overall responsibility for ensuring that set media objectives are achieved via in-depth understanding and application of scientific, creative media strategy development and implementation.
- The Senior Media Manager should set the parameters for measuring media planning and buying based on the realities of the market and media environment
Other job objectives will also include:
- Agency Management - Manage the agency and assess their input to media planning by ensuring that the following elements are comprehensively consider in media plans
- Market analysis - Airtel Brand Tracker
- Media scene analysis using monthly/quarterly diaries
- Media Strategy and Plan Implementation - The Senior Media Manager is required to provide expert support to Supply Chain Management on all media price negotiations aligned with company’s objective of least cost but creative media planning and buying
- Review all media strategies, plans and schedules with detailed attention to: Budget allocation by zones/regions
- Media selection rationales based on product/service objectives/target consumers
- Outdoor Media Management - One of the rigorous aspects of media function is the outdoor management. The Senior Media Manager is required to carry out the following functions: Rental/Space Management
- Work with the agency/regional offices to agree on billboards distribution matrix based on agreed market factors such as customer base, competition, ARPU and overall revenue by region
- Conduct physical site inspection with the agency/regional office marketing team to ensure that billboards are strategically distributed and located across selected markets pan Nigeria.
- Media Compliance Review and Control for Payment
- Review Agency invoices and third party documents accompanied with compliance reports for payment with attention to the following parameters:
- Plan spots vs carried spots as reported by independent media monitoring watchdog reports
- Carried spots vs value invoiced by third party.
- Customers Management - He/She is required to work with both internal and external customers: in resolution of challenges, Rectification of problems associated with campaign executions
- Development of creatives and delivery to media planning and buying agency & Marketing Departments
- Response to product briefs as articulated in the communication brief
Relevant Skill and Experience:
- Must demonstrate sense of urgency in jobs execution, and willing to treat media owners and other stakeholders with integrity and respect. She/he must be prepared to put in extra work hours when necessary
- 10 - 15 years media planning and buying experience from Media Independents Practitioners Association of Nigeria (MIPAN) agency and involved in managing a multinational account.
- An M.Sc qualification would be preferred in addition to other qualification.
go to method of application »
- The position will have overall responsibility for Leading Execution of Go To Market Plan across all Media Touch points. The Holder will also ensure Go to Market Lead End to End the creative development, planning and execution of all Digital Brand and Communication initiatives for Airtel Brand within the framework of an agreed strategy, meeting operational targets for Consumer Engagement, TOMA, Revenues, Profitability and increased Brand Equity.
- In addition, the successful candidate will also Lead End to End the development, planning and execution of All Media campaigns strategy and execution that are rooted in a deep understanding of target consumer and their media behavior across traditional (TV, Radio, OOH, Print) , Digital & Mobile Channels to achieve a relatively high share of voice and increase communication awareness.
- The Holder will also Lead Acquisition and Leveraging of all Brand Sponsorships, Assets, Properties and Brand Ambassadors to deliver on key brand benefits, build brand equity and achieve maximum return on investment.
Other job objectives will also include:
- Media Management to improve communication awareness & drive saliency
- Develop overall brand media strategy and create rationale for quarterly media spend to keep brand
- Review of Media strategy and execution plan for campaign plans based on media behavioral patterns and audience spread to reach the right target audience with detailed attention to: Budget allocation by zones/regions, Media selection rationales based on product/service objectives/target consumers
- Develop and manage campaigns across a variety of technology platforms, inventory sources, and ad formats, leveraging both internal and external opportunities.
- Provide an insights-based mapping of current path-to-purchase, inclusive of the role of media, influencers & digital channels
- Develop and maintain a test and learn agenda built to pilot new content formats, ad technologies, partners, and platforms
- Digital Brand Management to improve TOMA, Build Brand Love and Loyalty for Airtel Brand - Development of Airtel Brand Digital Strategy, governing all communications (for master brand and sub brands) and creative/advertising developments in a manner that will reinforce the key brand benefits, awareness and drive consumers engagement and action
- Drive consumer engagement strategy using content and engagement strategy. Create periodic digital activations that leverage followers areas of interest
- Manage and optimize all brand digital assets across all touch points; social media, websites, mobile apps. Grow brand online community and create bonding
- Provide strategic brand support and make recommendations on digital engagement initiatives per regions/opcos to drive brand performance for Airtel Brand.
- Sponsorship & Brand Activation - Champion strategy and approach to sponsorship(properties, icons and assets) for the entire Airtel Nigeria business inclusive of regional strategies
- Evaluate current and future potential for sponsorship initiatives and build leveraging strategy around the platforms
- Execute the strategy guidelines and Provide governance and support to the regions for events and sponsorship priorities per region
- Drive business discussions and co-ordinate business case articulation in conjunction with the support functions for identified sponsorship platforms
- Manage Leveraging of smart Icons - use of ambassador to drive brand engagement and affinity
- Agency & Customer Management - Lead the management of agencies; Digital creative, Media agencies , Monitoring Agencies and ensure outstanding output and good turnaround time on projects
- Ensure regulatory compliance on All advertising guidelines s and keep Airtel on the good side of the related regulatory bodies
Relevant Skill and Experience:
- Must demonstrate strong knowledge in communications and brand building
- Must demonstrate sense of urgency in jobs execution, and willing to stakeholders with integrity and respect.
- She/he must be prepared to put in extra work hours when necessary.
- She/He must be willing to travel
- A recognized university degree
- Master’s in Business Administration would be preferred additional qualification dependent on experience.
- Good interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Use of media, brand activation, digital campaign
- Understanding of the rudiments of Brand Management and execution
- Project Management qualification will be an advantage
- Media (Traditional & Digital) experience, Sponsorship & Brand Management experience (No less than 8 years).
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Note: Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to notify unsuccessful applicants. If you have not been notified of the outcome of your application within two weeks of the closing date, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.