Alphastar Group Holdings Limited, We are a Nigeria-based reputable and privately held company with Office in Lagos, Abuja, PHC and Bayelsa engaged in the Manufacturing, Real Estate, Oil & Gas, Asset Management, Investment and consulting. Owing to strong growth and a change in the business model for our businesses.
This is a well-organized, reputable Group that provides arrays of products and services in Manufacturing, Oil and Gas, Real Estate, Investment, Asset Management and Consulting.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Reporting into the Group Executive Chairman/MD, the key function of this role will be to guide and direct all commercial activities throughout the entire group. This will include all disciplines as detailed above.
- Develop and ensure Operation Group (OG) commercial procedures are maintained by sharing best practice and continual improvement to protect company's commercial position
- Responsible and accountable for developing and executing business strategies to deliver growth in accordance with the group’s strategic plans
- Formulation and implementation of interventions to deliver sustained performance in terms of securing tenders and new business opportunities for the group
- Compilation and presentation of claims management strategies for the group
- Review reports on the status of contracts indicating current status with regards to financial situation and provide guidance and recommendations for improvements
- Monitor the implementation of commercial policies and procedures within the organization ensuring legal compliance
- Manages the group commercial reporting, quota setting and management, sales process optimization, sales job design, sales training, sales program implementation, sales compensation design and administration, and recruiting and selection of sales force talent.
- Responsible for the overall productivity and effectiveness of the assigned sales organization.
- Works closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the appropriate objectives and priorities are enabled within the sales and marketing organization supported.
- Determines annual unit and gross-profit plans by implementing marketing strategies; analyzing trends and results.
- Establishes sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions and territories; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products.
- Implements national sales programs by developing field sales action plans.
- Maintains sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors.
- Establishes and adjusts selling prices by monitoring costs, competition, and supply and demand.
- Completes national sales operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains national sales staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains national sales staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Coordinates sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes used within the sales organization. Proactively monitors and strives to maintain high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in the sales organization’s planning efforts. As needed, coordinates planning activities with other functions and stakeholders within the firm
- Supports the equitable assignment of sales force quotas and ensure quotas are optimally allocated to all sales channels and resources.
- Proactively identifies opportunities for sales process improvement. Works closely with sales management to inspect sales process quality and prioritize opportunities for improvement. Assists sales management in understanding process bottlenecks and inconsistencies. Facilitates an organization of continuous process improvement.
- Monitors the accuracy and efficient distribution of sales reports and other intelligence essential to the sales organization. Recommends revisions to existing reports, or assists in the development of new reporting tools as needed
- Working with Accounting Finance, and Human Resources, provides assistance with sales incentive compensation administration on an as needed basis, or when required to arbitrate or clarify the application of sales compensation program policies and procedures.
- Directs and supports the consistent implementation of company initiatives.
- Builds peer support and strong internal company relationships with other key management personnel
- Achievement o f sales, profit, and strategic objectives for the business unit supported
- Accountable for the on time implementation of sales organization quotas and performance objectives.
- Accountable for the thorough implementation of sales organization impacting initiatives.
- Responsible for the efficient allocation of technology, support, and training resources impacting the sales organization
- Accountable for accurate and on time reporting essential for sales organization effectiveness.
- Achievement of strategic objectives defined by company management
- Evaluate potential business development deals and prepare financial models for new business development initiatives (e.g. partnerships, joint ventures, equity investments, expansion into complementary businesses)
- Closely monitors industry trends and competitive dynamics and prepares presentations summarizing industry segments or reporting on individual companies
- Reach and exceed sales goals, manage expenses and assist manager with territory reports and forecast.
- Providing support to the MD in profitability of business initiative
- Providing support to senior management by identifying opportunities for improving operational performance and leading strategic initiatives.
- Managing internal and external stakeholders.
- Development and review of quarterly strategic funding plan.
- Key Performance Indicators (KPI)/monitoring of dashboards and providing insightful reports to management
- Ability to lead the development of sales projections and builds it into the business plans.
- Reports to the Vice President Sales Operations
- May directly manage a support staff made up of Administrative Specialists, Sales Operations Coordinators, or Analysts.
- Directs the support of sales specialists, implementation resources, service resources, and other sales and management resources as needed coordinating with the appropriate management level supervisors
- Fosters close, cooperative relationships with peer leaders, sales management, and sales and support personnel
- Candidate must be degree-qualified and possess a strong academic qualification in Economics, Business Administration with Master Degree or MBA
- Meeting Sales Goals, Negotiation, Selling to Customer Needs, Motivation for Sales, Sales Planning, Building Relationships, Coaching, Managing Processes, Market Knowledge, Developing Budgets, Staffing.
- 8 year college degree from an accredited institution
- 4 years sales or sales management experience in a business to business sales environment from manufacturing industry
- Demonstrated proficiency managing analytically rigorous initiatives
- This position requires extensive travel.
- All prospective employees must pass a background check
- Basic annual Salary plus additional benefits and
- On Target Earning (OTE) with bonuses.
Method of Application
All suitably qualified candidates should send their CVs to: email@example.com
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.