This position requires a minimum 3+ years of system administration of a corporate IT infrastructure.
- Resolve technical problems with networking, server, desktop/laptop computing equipment and software
- Manage cabling infrastructure and topologies.
- ManageVMware ESX, backup/restore applications, Linux, antivirus, VOIP.
- Manage and troubleshoot Active Directory, User Access and Email Administration
- Provide local and remote support to LAN/WAN users.
- Perform troubleshooting, diagnostics and evaluations to determine solutions and alternatives to enterprise appliactions.
- Set up and manage server based printing
- Prioritize projects, issues and tasks that frequently change and escalate accordingly.
- Provide after-hour support and weekend support when required.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in science or engineering with a minimum 2:1 grade.
- A minimum 3 years of relevant experience with industry certifications an advantage.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills are essential.
- MS Office Products, Windows desktop and Server configuration and management
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP, DHCP, and DNS
- Active Directory configuration and management best practices
- VOIP, VMware, Storage Area Network (SAN), MS-SQL Server, Linux/Unix management a plus
Preferred certifications (one or more):
- VMware Certified Professional
- Other relevant industry certifications.