Breakthrough ACTION/Nigeria is a new five-year, USAID-funded project. The goal of Breakthrough ACTION/Nigeria is to increase the practice of 17 priority individual and household level behaviors and five provider targeted behaviors in the areas of malaria; maternal, newborn, child health and nutrition; family planning and reproductive health (RH); and tuberculosis, while increasing the capacity of national and sub-national entities to coordinate and oversee quality SBC programming. Implementation will vary by health area across eleven states.
The Social Mobilization Consultant will provide field and programmatic support for social mobilization activities at BA-Nigeria Sokoto office. S/he will work closely with the State Social Mobilization Officer and other project staff in the state, and report to the State Coordinator.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Support BA-N Social Mobilization Officer and Assistant to implement community SBC activities in the intervention LGAs.
- Assist with supervision of community volunteers and LGA supervisors, monthly review meetings and monthly data collation.
- Assist with preparation/writing, submission and editing of timely and quality activity reports, including field notes and collaborate with relevant teams to ensure documentation of all community mobilization and M&E activities;
- Assist in promoting community participation and inclusion so as to encourage community ownership over activities implemented;
- Assist with the establishment and maintenance of effective relationships at the State level with health partners, implementing partners, State MOHs and other key stakeholders, with guidance from and in collaboration with the Deputy Project Director and Project Director;
- Other duties as identified by supervisor.
- Minimum of HND/Bachelor’s degree in Arts, Social Sciences or Health Sciences.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience supporting community level demand creation activities
- Fluent in Hausa
- Ability to use MS Office software (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) for reporting, presentation and data manipulation
- Well organized, with ability to track multiple activities and deadlines.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV in word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Indicate the title of the consultancy along with the job location in the subject corner of the email application. Example: 'Social Mobilization Consultant Sokoto'.