Pivot GIS Limited, initially a joint venture between Pivot Engineering Company Limited (PECL) and GIS Inc. on 50-50 basis, was founded in 2004. GIS, Inc. was founded in 1948 in USA by Mr. Clyde Pregeant, Snr. with core business focus on Onshore Construction, Offshore Maintenance & Brownfield activities in the Gulf of Mexico region, USA. GIS is based in Galliano, Louisiana.
PECL is an indigenous EPC contractor with a reputation in the power and energy services industries in Nigeria, with an annual turnover of Three to Five Billion Naira in the past three years. PECL was founded in 1988, as a subsidiary of the Honeywell Group (the group has evolved into a diversified enterprise with businesses across major sectors of the Nigeria economy, namely: foods & agro-allied; real estate, infrastructure, energy and services.
Qualified candidates should have the following:
- B.Eng/B.Sc in Engineering or related Engineering discipline.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years post-graduate experience, out of which 5 should have been in a shutdown support role or engineering position in the oil and gas, petrochemical or similar process industry.
- Have a good knowledge of Microsoft Project and Office Suites.
- Planning Tool, Primavera – Vr. P3.
- Managed a multicultural and multi-ethnic labour and supervisory force including local and expats.
- Able to produce / present detailed reports.
- A working knowledge of the process of oil and gas treatment, installation and thorough knowledge of the equipment used in oil and gas treatment installations. Specific professional knowledge.
- Languages: English necessary – written and oral proficiency.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in managing large group of staff.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to coach, mentor and advice, motivate multi-national teams.
- Competent and independent in his field, he must show common sense and organizational ability.
- Pride in his work, possess excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to stand for long hours and work at height.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Willing to work long hours and possibly alternate ‘‘shift patterns’’ and overtime when required.
- Possible work assignment on remove sites.
- Must be willing to participate in emergency response team requirement as may be directed.
- Must work at all times in the best interest of the company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Issue on time an integrated planning with manpower requirement for the shutdown.
- Monitor field execution progress and report for the purpose of shutdown monitoring and evaluation.
- Produce the shutdown report and provide feedback as learning curve for subsequent shutdown.
- Provide daily progress update during shutdown execution phase.
- Interface with the shutdown manager, asset focal points, HSE and shutdown lead.
- Review work packs prepared by disciplined Engineer to ensure consistency in terms of sequence and integration.
- Prepare the calls for tender and contract specific to the shutdown for ECP activities.
- Follow up with workshop fabrication works in conjunction with QA/QC and ensure that all shutdown deliverables are prepared, signed off and accessible by the shutdown team. Managed shutdown execution in accordance with client safety culture and shutdown success criteria.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Send in your application by clicking the Apply button below