Pivot GIS Limited, initially a joint venture between Pivot Engineering Company Limited (PECL) and GIS Inc. on 50-50 basis, was founded in 2004. GIS, Inc. was founded in 1948 in USA by Mr. Clyde Pregeant, Snr. with core business focus on Onshore Construction, Offshore Maintenance & Brownfield activities in the Gulf of Mexico region, USA. GIS is based in Galliano, Louisiana.
PECL is an indigenous EPC contractor with a reputation in the power and energy services industries in Nigeria, with an annual turnover of Three to Five Billion Naira in the past three years. PECL was founded in 1988, as a subsidiary of the Honeywell Group (the group has evolved into a diversified enterprise with businesses across major sectors of the Nigeria economy, namely: foods & agro-allied; real estate, infrastructure, energy and services.
Qualified candidates should have the following:
- B.Eng. / B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering or related Engineering discipline.
- A good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites and Peachtree packages
- Languages: English necessary – Written and Oral proficiency
- Relevant professional certification is a plus.
Technical Skills Required
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the energy industry; in particular, the oil and gas sector in the sector in the field s of the plant projects, maintenance, turnarounds Strong written and oral communication skills Possess good report writing, planning and relationship management skills.
- Skilled in planning and scheduling techniques. Good knowledge of the following (i) Maintenance execution (ii) Projected development (iii) Reliability strategy. General engineering principles of static and rotating equipment. Manage and resolve conflict, good emotional intelligence.
- Proficient in MS office tools. Good presentation and facilitation skills.
- HSE and quality champion and good knowledge of risk management.
- Able to set up and execute minor contracts.
- Must have value for money and cost consciousness. Ability to follow directions and safe operating procedures.
- Ability to interpret PEFS, ISO drawings, Piping class, Equipment GA drawings, and other engineering drawings and flow schemes. Conversant with project/maintenance management systems like PACER, SAP, MS project, Primavera, etc.
- Developing shutdown scope of work, identifying and coordinating mobilization of all shutdown resources, monitoring shutdown progress against agreed schedules, analysis gaps and to recommend corrective actions and ensure compliance to client.
- Lead a team of engineers, planners, and schedulers to achieve turnaround objectives.
- Coordinate and follow up with a multidisciplinary team of operation, maintenance, engineering, inspection, project, shops, and support services. To achieve the milestones for the turnaround planning and execution report.
- Set the turnaround planning milestone target date on the assigned plants/units and follow up to achieve the target.
- Kick-start the planning process by requesting scope input from the operation, inspection, engineering, and maintenance. Develop, challenge, and finalize the approved scope of work.
- Identify the long lead materials and lead/guide the planners to order the materials. Identify the resources and contract required to execute the approved final scope of work. Draw out an execution plan following the best practice.
- Lead the team of material/contract planners to ensure that all the resources are available on or before time.
- Challenge and optimize the schedule submitted by the contractors.
- Develop risk mitigation plans.
- Prepare the execution organization chart for Approval.
- Oversee the field preparations by the planners for turnaround activities.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Send in your application by clicking the Apply button below