EDC designs, implements, and evaluates programs to improve education, health, and economic opportunity worldwide. Collaborating with both public and private partners, we strive for a world where all people are empowered to live healthy, productive lives.
EDC is committed to education that builds knowledge and skill, makes possible a deeper understanding of the world, and engages learners as active, problem-solving participants. While the issues we address are diverse, all that we do is united by our conviction that learning is the liberating force in human development.
The USAID/ Northern Education Initiative Plus, being implemented by Creative Associates and EDC, works to improve the quality of and access to education in Northern Nigeria. The Sokoto Grants Officer will be responsible for oversight of all grants activities (within the work-plan and assigned to grantees), including ensuring efficient and proper controls for USAID grant compliance and reporting; coordinating training and grants administration with NGOs grantees; and review of milestone reports as required for each grant. This position is based in Sokoto, Nigeria, and will report to the Finance and Administration Officer.
- Implement procedures and templates to be used for formulating, negotiating, executing, monitoring, and closing grants according to USAID regulations and the projects Grants Manual as assigned by the Grants manager
- Assist the Grants Manager to develop solicitations, coordinate the evaluation of applications, award grants, monitor and report on grantee activity implementation as appropriate
- Responsible for tracking of Learning facilitators timesheets submission on monthly basis, and CSO milestone reporting
- Monitor grantee contractual obligations to ensure compliance with USAID regulation
- Orient and mentor CSOs on grants-management requirements, processes, and skills to deliver on target
- Responsible for collation, review and processing of Learning facilitators timesheets on monthly basis
- Responsible for scanning all reports, maintaining grant files (electronic and manual) and ensuring that they are always up-to-date and readily be ascertained
- Coordinate and conduct all Grants activities outlined in the annual work-plan at the state level,
- Conduct financial management training and proposal preparation to CSOs
- Responsible for entering and maintaining the System for Management of Activities, Reporting and Tracking (SMART)/Integrated Management Database System (IDMS)
- Collaborate with other units especially; Access & Fragility, Community Mobilization and Monitoring & Evaluation to ensure data flow and activities are implemented according to requirements
- Other related duties as required by supervisors/management
Skills and Experience.
Candidates for this position must have at least:
- 5 – 7 years of experience in general grants management, especially with in-depth knowledge of Fixed Amount Award,
- In-kind Monitoring of contractual obligations, review of sub-grantee reports and deliverables and reporting of monthly, quarterly and annual targets/indicators.
- Experience working with education programs is preferred.
- Candidates must be knowledgeable about USAID Rules and Regulations and demonstrate previous experience working on USAID-funded projects is preferred.
The candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy, Business administration, social sciences or related field. Master degree in Accountancy will be an added advantage.
Method of Application
Interested qualified candidates are requested to submit their resumes and cover letter
with name of the position EG; “Sokoto Grant officer” in the subject line of the email on or before 29th April 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview. No phone calls, please.
EDC is committed to diversity in the workplace. EDC offers a supportive work environment, competitive salary, and an excellent benefits package.