Pivot GIS Limited, initially a joint venture between Pivot Engineering Company Limited (PECL) and GIS Inc. on 50-50 basis, was founded in 2004. GIS, Inc. was founded in 1948 in USA by Mr. Clyde Pregeant, Snr. with core business focus on Onshore Construction, Offshore Maintenance & Brownfield activities in the Gulf of Mexico region, USA. GIS is based in Galliano, Louisiana.
PECL is an indigenous EPC contractor with a reputation in the power and energy services industries in Nigeria, with an annual turnover of Three to Five Billion Naira in the past three years. PECL was founded in 1988, as a subsidiary of the Honeywell Group (the group has evolved into a diversified enterprise with businesses across major sectors of the Nigeria economy, namely: foods & agro-allied; real estate, infrastructure, energy and services. Through additional portfolio investments, the Group is also a significant provider of capital to other sectors of Nigeria’s economy including financial services, telecommunications and security management) and chaired by Dr. Oba Otudeko (CFR).
Qualified candidates should have the following:
Minimum of OND in Mechanical, Civil or Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, Trade test, computer literacy. Minimum of 5 - 7 years’ experience working in similar role.
To plan and coordinate Fabrication Task including Analyze mechanical drawings such as Isometric Drawings, Plan and General Arrangement Drawings (GAD), P & ID, prepare drawing/sketch of components, material supply & delivery, storage, servicing, and inventory management for seamless plant maintenance. To carry out all works in accordance to NLNG’s Life Saving Rules, Worksite Hazard Management, PTW, LMRA and correct PPE.
- To ensure the Fabricators are adequately supported with the required tools, materials and transportation.
- To ensure seamless execution of maintenance activities. Ensure the prompt delivery and retrieval of Fabrication equipment, tools and consumables to and from site.
- Control PMS/2 Fabrication Inventory and keep tract of material movement to and from the store in conformance to NLNG’s work procedures, HSE and Industry standard and international specifications.
- Provide fabrication and welding support services for routine maintenance, projects and major turnaround maintenance in the plant.
- Analyze mechanical drawings such as Isometric Drawings, Plan and General Arrangement Drawings (GAD), Process and Engineering Flow Schemes (PEFS) process piping.
- Interprets piping mechanical drawings and technical documents, selection of piping materials and materials requisitions. Supervision of mechanical project works involving fabrication and welding, assembly, erection and modification of various types of static and rotating equipments such as steel structures, pressure vessels, columns, heat exchangers, fin fan coolers, compressor, pumps, turbines, flares, storage tanks, loading arms, etc. including piping systems. Prepares test packages of process piping and equipments for hydrotesting, pneumatic testing and service test which also includes line checking and punchlistings Planning and monitoring progress of works to conform to maintenance, projects and shutdown schedules.
- Prepares materials take-off and estimates and make occasional mechanical drafting works.
- Good knowledge in Quality Control / Quality Assurance (QA/QC) procedures such as materials identifications, welding procedures and testing and familiar with international standards such as ASTM, API, AWS, NACE etc.
- Attend meetings and prepare reports for job progress.
Technical / Business Skills:
Basic planning skills, problem solving skills, computing skills, materials & warehouse management skills, analytical skills and strong commercial orientation, technical reporting skills, possess the ability to interpret, understand, communicate and execute NLNG’s policies and procedures, recognized professional certification.
Interpersonal Skills / Competencies:
- Should be a Team player with demonstrable oral and written communication skills. The ability to work extra hours to ensure that workmanship is done according to international and company’s standards and procedures. Strong customer service and attention to detail. Strong leadership skills, communication and listening skills, strong organizational skills, strong multi-tasking skill, team oriented and ability delegate.
- Working knowledge in gas and plant, refinery or similar industrial environment.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Send in your application by clicking the Apply button below