Pivot GIS Limited, initially a joint venture between Pivot Engineering Company Limited (PECL) and GIS Inc. on 50-50 basis, was founded in 2004. GIS, Inc. was founded in 1948 in USA by Mr. Clyde Pregeant, Snr. with core business focus on Onshore Construction, Offshore Maintenance & Brownfield activities in the Gulf of Mexico region, USA. GIS is based in Galliano, Louisiana.
PECL is an indigenous EPC contractor with a reputation in the power and energy services industries in Nigeria, with an annual turnover of Three to Five Billion Naira in the past three years. PECL was founded in 1988, as a subsidiary of the Honeywell Group (the group has evolved into a diversified enterprise with businesses across major sectors of the Nigeria economy, namely: foods & agro-allied; real estate, infrastructure, energy and services. Through additional portfolio investments, the Group is also a significant provider of capital to other sectors of Nigeria’s economy including financial services, telecommunications and security management) and chaired by Dr. Oba Otudeko (CFR).
Qualified candidates should have the following:
HND / B.Eng. in Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
Qualified On-Job-Trainer and Instructor.
Assessor Qualification (A1, L9DI or D 32 – 33) and internal verifier (V1).
Minimum 7 – 10 years postgraduate experience, out of which at least 5 years should have been spent as Job Instructor / Trainer or Assessor in the Oil and Gas Industry Fluent in English Language.
1. Knowledge of the industry and profession, HSSE requirements and regulations. 2. Skills in Field Instrumentation and Control Systems. 3. Skills in QMI and Fire and Gas detection Systems.
- Principles of fire and gas systems, fire and gas detection mapping, building fire detection alarm systems.
- Quality Metering Instrumentation – Chromatography / analyzers, Flue gas/CO2 analysis, dew point, pH, analyser house maintenance, validation methods, SPC/controls chart.
- Custody Transfer & Metering- Flow measurement principles and instruments validations, SPC. Main Accountabilities:
Assist to ensure that the A&P (Assessment and Progression) scheme content stays current by rejuvenating competencies, writing competencies, generating underpinning knowledge tests and developing training materials in line with any plant equipment upgrades to ensure continuous LNG Train operation, gas receipt from suppliers, and loading of LNG, LPG, and Condensate to our valued customers.
- Assist to manage the implementation of the A&P (Assessment and Progression) scheme within the Line, including on the-job-training, assessment observations and imputing data to maintain a current profile for each of the technicians, hence ensuring that a very competent Workforce maintains NLNG Production facilities for continuous LNG Train operation, gas receipt from suppliers, and loading of LNG, LPG, and Condensate to our valued customers.
Identify learning & development gaps that require Head of Technical Training intervention and liaise with Competence Assurance Coordinator and Discipline Trainer for implementation to assure the required A&P competency level is achieved for technical staff.
- Guide technicians and graduate trainees collect and present evidence for assessments and to ensure tasks undertaken are carried out in line with NLNG HSSE standards and procedures. Maintain graduate trainee Personal Development Plan (PDP) to ensure required competencies are achieved.
- Review and judge evidence against stated criteria, record assessment decisions and provide constructive feedback to the technicians, respective supervisors and Discipline Trainers, update A&P portfolios and keep track of their progress to assure the required competencies for staff are achieved. Attend A&P-1 scheme review as well as skill pool meetings to keep abreast with any changes within NLNG plant facilities.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Send in your application by clicking the Apply button below