Pivot GIS Limited, initially a joint venture between Pivot Engineering Company Limited (PECL) and GIS Inc. on 50-50 basis, was founded in 2004. GIS, Inc. was founded in 1948 in USA by Mr. Clyde Pregeant, Snr. with core business focus on Onshore Construction, Offshore Maintenance & Brownfield activities in the Gulf of Mexico region, USA. GIS is based in Galliano, Louisiana.
PECL is an indigenous EPC contractor with a reputation in the power and energy services industries in Nigeria, with an annual turnover of Three to Five Billion Naira in the past three years. PECL was founded in 1988, as a subsidiary of the Honeywell Group (the group has evolved into a diversified enterprise with businesses across major sectors of the Nigeria economy, namely: foods & agro-allied; real estate, infrastructure, energy and services. Through additional portfolio investments, the Group is also a significant provider of capital to other sectors of Nigeria’s economy including financial services, telecommunications and security management) and chaired by Dr. Oba Otudeko (CFR).
- Qualified candidates should have the following:
- B. Eng. Or HND in Civil engineering in any tertiary institution
- Any certification on (Insulating, Painting & Blasters)
- Minimum 5 years in the Oil and Gas Industry onshore off shore, 1 year as a Civil Instructor, Inspector or Supervisor, 3 years in industry as a Civil personnel. Identify learning and development gaps and liaise with the supervisors, maintenance coordinator and Training Coordinator for interventions.
- Sound knowledge of IT skills including Microsoft Office suite
Interpersonal Skills and Competencies
- High level of oral and written communication skills
- Proven organizational skills in a training environment and ability to work as part of a team
- A thorough understanding of all technical aspects of Civil personnel to a known International standard. Including ability to read complex civil drawings, and understanding of node points and understanding of point loading and wind loading on complex Civils Must have a solid understanding civil inspection procedures with a preference given to qualified candidates holding a CITB Advanced Civil personnel Inspector certificate Effectively deliver safety training and competency assessment in the workplace. Ability to develop and deliver course training materials. Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Compliance to HSE standards with no Omni Safe issues arising from OJT and coaching activities.
- Competent to develop and conduct both practical and classroom training.
- Assess, train and develop civil personnel working within the NLNG maintenance teams to the required standards dictated by NLNG procedures and work Instructions and (International standards CITB)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Send in your application by clicking the Apply button below