Job Openings at UnoCasa Limited
Posted on: 17 April, 2019
Deadline: 19 April, 2019
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at UNOCASA Limited
UnoCasa Limited - Our client is one of the most admired company in the Food & Beverage industry in Nigeria with over 38 years’ experience in building innovative brands, offering products that stand out as market leaders in their respective categories.
- To plan, perform, and monitor all activities related to research & development, design, and testing/tasting of our products (Juice, Nectar, still drinks, dairy & snacks), incorporating technology, value engineering, and cost reduction measures.
- Responsible for the R&D functional deliveries starting from product concept development & proposal, preparing prototype sample, laboratory testing, and final approval to invest in the developed product.
- Assess the requirements for new products based on the market needs in cooperation with Sales & Marketing department & MD
- Lead NPI Process to improve on product range and keeping the product range up to date with the new trends market and phase out obsolete products.
- Coordinate with concerned departments to update the product range with the developed product, e.g. Sales to promote the product, Manufacturing for process Design, Commercials for specifications & sourcing suppliers etc.
- Perform complete review, verification, and validation for new products to ensure conformity to requirement and fitness for use.
- Conduct product development trails, market studies, stability studies.
- Lead Technology transfer process
- Specifications & test methods development for RM / PM / FG & Support utilities in collaboration with concerned departments & Vendors
- Responsible for compliance to local regulatory requirements related to product registration / certification.
- Submit periodical reports to management showing the status of R&D progress.
- Oversee all activities of laboratory testing, maintaining proper link and coordination between R&D, product design, testing activities.
- Oversee the design review, verification and validation for the new products, to ensure conformity to specifications and fitness for use.
- Oversee the evaluation of new components in accordance with design specification in coordination with Purchase and Quality Assurance Departments.
- Establish product design reviews with the aim of simplifying the manufacturing operations, reducing manufacturing cost and possibility of product standardization.
- To evaluate consumer feedback and drive improvements in product.
Experience/Knowledge/Technical Skills Required
Qualifications & Experience:
- Graduate/ Post Graduate in Science / Food Technologist / Dairy Science / with 15-20 Years of post-qualification experience in food processing / R&D Operations. Additional Qualification in packaging Tech. shall be preferred
- Leadership and Managerial essential with excellent communication and presentation Skills.
- Outstanding data collection, analysis and documentation skills
- Computer literate, proficient in using Microsoft office
- Food Processing, product life-cycle management, formulation, stability studies & specifications development
- Technical knowledge on aseptic packaging technologies.
- Knowledge of Local regulations and Foods laws
- Knowledge of Validation process
Key Behavioral Competencies Required:
- Attention to detail.
- Performance focus
- Communication skill.
go to method of application »
Role, Responsibilities and Nature of Job
- Plan, organizes and leads the factory team to achieve agreed objectives (safety, environmental, quality, cost and service).
- Create skill grid matrix across roles (operator to manager) primarily in production, engineering, quality & logistics & warehousing.
- Assesses skill gap for every Fixed term employee in operations and creates a plan (Training calendar) in conjunction with the function to bridge the gap.
- Measures & drives Lead indicator in every function and thereby culture building through CI projects, Kaizens, BEC, TPM, 5S
- Create and sustain centre of excellence in operations.
- Measures & drives adherence to routines.
- Identifies critical skill & competencies required for each role in operations.
- Creates talent pool and bench strength across operations for all critical roles.
- Creates induction, training (OTJ & Classroom), refresher course for every new employee in conjunction with HR.
- Ensure adherence to all company principles and policies as well as local laws and regulations.
- Drive Continuous improvement culture and high level of employee engagement at all levels in the factory.
- Provide leadership and guidance in the development of people to provide a strong bench for back-fills.
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor's Degree in Food Science, Engineering or related field required.
- Preferred 5+ years of experience with implementation of LEAN, TPM,TQM, Operational Excellence and 12-15 years of manufacturing experience preferably in Food & Beverage /bottling industry.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Possess in-depth knowledge of factory related and overall company cost structure. Focused, proactive, high integrity, and able to make difficult decisions.
- Proven leadership, management and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent judgment and analytical skills.
- Working knowledge of Capital Investments, Engineering and Project Management
- Very good knowledge of beverage processing and aseptic technologies.
- Good knowledge of Marketing, Supply Chain and Finance aspects of the CPG business.
- Team player, Self- driven, Analytical, Process oriented, Set direction & inspire, Need to release energy
- Need to work across boundary, Learning agility.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using Head R&D as mail subject.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about UNOCASA LimitedSimilar Jobs
- Business Manager at ICS Outsourcing Limited
- 2019 Boston Consulting Group (BCG) Graduate Recruitment Program
- Jobs at Ascentech Services Limited
- Senior Sales Manager at Pause Factory Resources
- Software Engineer at Nicole Sinclair
- Jobs at Eduwalt Concierge Limited
- Driver at Fadac Resources and Services
- Sales Officer at Corporate Headfitters Limited