Cooling Field Operations Leader at Vertiv Nigeria
Posted on: 17 April, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at Vertiv
At Vertiv, we offer the stability of a global leader in a growing industry and the opportunity of a startup. We design, manufacture and service the mission-critical infrastructure technologies for vital applications in data centers, communication networks and commercial and industrial environments. With $4.4 billion in sales, a strong customer base and global reach in nearly 70 countries, our move to establish a standalone business enables us to deliver greater value to our customers and create new opportunities for our people.
Requisition ID: 1900001012
Job Function: Services
- This position is responsible for the management of HPAC engineering function within the company.
- Plans, directs and controls all cooling engineering activities within the company.
- Co-ordinates the creation, development, design and improvement of company cooling department.
- Interacts with the Global Engineering teams to keep abreast of developments in the HPAC engineering and product development.
- Perform on site High technical level service activities
- Liaises with marketing department to define product requirements, and with manufacturing to prepare process designs and specifications for materials and equipment.
- Develops engineering short and long term plans together with supporting budgets.
- Responsible for directing projects in all stages of engineering planning, design and maintenance.
- Responsible for the management of a team of engineers and support staff, working on different assignments.
- Ensures that sound technical engineering concepts are applied.
- Ensures a close relationship with other global engineering, manufacturing functionalities within the Emerson Group, for support in fulfilling the engineering requirements in line with the global requirements and strategies.
- Keeps abreast of and understands the technology trends, market forces, cost trends.
- Ensures that all engineering roles are geared towards or focused on competitive market and customer requirements, technology advances, product quality, product cost and time to market, to give the company a competitive edge at all times.
- Involve and share information with other functions in MEA/NWA.
- Ensure to keep close relationship with key customers in the regions
- Adhere to local and international Vertiv Trade Compliance procedures in connection with all transactions and business practices.
- Any other duties as deemed appropriate by your line manager.
- Extensive travel expected at 70% of the year
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or similar
- Min. 3-5 years proven technical management experience.
- Fluency in English written & local language
- Good knowledge of the market situation in the relevant region.
- Experience from managing engineering and technical HPAC processes
- Proven commercial and technical qualifications to understand the Vertiv business environment and requirements
- Good interpersonal and managerial skills.
- Provides leadership for professional staff and work teams or task forces in broad functional/process areas to solve complex and diverse issues.
- Accountable for projects or programmes involving multi-functional, countrywide or regional teams. Impact is on functional business unit or country costs/expenses.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Vertiv career website on vertivco.taleo.net to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about VertivSimilar Jobs
- Desktop and Server Specialist at Growth in Value Alliance (GV Alliance) Partners
- Branch Manager at Compovine Technology Limited
- Operations Manager at PriveDoc
- Software Developer at Ciphernet Technologies Limited
- Senior Solutions Sales Executive - SAP Successfactors at SAP Nigeria
- Cloud Pre-sales Engineer at Descasio
- Job Vacancies at Nextzon Business Services Limited
- Career Opportunities at Paystack