Technip is a world leader in project management, engineering and construction for the energy industry.
From the deepest Subsea oil & gas developments to the largest and most complex Offshore and Onshore infrastructures, our 40,000 people are constantly offering the best solutions and most innovative technologies to meet the world’s energy challenges.
Present in 48 countries, Technip has state-of-the-art industrial assets on all continents and operates a fleet of specialized vessels for pipeline installation and subsea construction.
Technip shares are listed on the NYSE Euronext Paris exchange and traded in the USA on the OTCQX marketplace (OTCQX: TKPPY).
Reporting directly to the Managing Director the Commercial Manager will proactively take full responsibility for the Commercial and Business Development activities of the company
Reporting lines and interactions:
- Hierarchically and operationally reports to: Managing Director & CEO
- Directly supervises (operationally): A commercial team that will include Business Development, Proposals, Estimating, Contract Engineering and others to be determined such that the commercial department perform an effective and fully functioning role
- Key interactions (internally, externally):
Internally: Senior management, Project Managers, Project Control Manager, Cost Control Manager, Finance Manager, Tendering and Operating teams.
Externally: Clients, partners, subcontractors and local authorities (DPR, NAPIMS, etc)
The Commercial Manager will be an experienced individual who has risen through the ranks of the industry and will ideally have an engineering, project management or quantity surveyor background.
Among the qualities the ideal candidate must possess is a high commercial and contractual awareness, strong client liaison and negotiations and proven project management and team leadership skills.
He/she must also have an extensive understanding of the oil and gas engineering and construction industry as well as being capable of easily adapting to the ever change business scene.
- Engineering Degree with 20 years experience in oil and gas industry including On/Offshore or Subsea facilities (10 of the 20 years in business development)
- Project management experience will be an added advantage.
- Meeting order intake targets
- Ensure the development of sustainable relationships with new and existing clients, throughout the life cycle (from the initial stage of tendering, contract development, project execution and through closeout)
- Ensure compliance of partners, subcontractors and clients with company principles
- Manage, lead and / or assist as required in the strategy development and actual negotiation of technical, commercial and contractual issues with clients
- Identify, review and negotiate Engineering Service Agreements with clients and align these with corporate policies
- Work closely with Project managers / Head of Projects to identify project needs for commercial and technical engagement and define acceptable parameters and limitations in the acquisition and execution of those projects
- Develop a commercial & technical strategy for all major tenders and project acquisition targets
- Manages and develops his team
- Develop and maintain a complete understanding of the business environment, market trends, drivers and issues that will impact on the Companies business.
- Keep update of working procedures in line with local needs and corporate policy
- To build the business through sales and marketing of existing and new services to existing and new customers