WASH Senior LGA Facilitators at Deloitte Nigeria
Posted on: 15 April, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Deloitte
Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 263,900 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: to be the standard of excellence, while working towards one purpose - to make an impact that matters.
Deloitte West Africa is a cluster of Deloitte offices that has joined together to provide seamless cross-border services to our clients in the region and to pass on the benefits of scale and access to resources that this organization can generate. Our West Africa practice serves multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises and the public sector across these regions: Nigeria and Ghana.
- The WASH Senior LGA Facilitators will support the WASH section in Katsina Field office in the attainment of LGA/Community level results planned under SHAWN Project.
- WASH Senior LGA Facilitators will provide technical essential backstopping to the LGA WASH Department in implementation of a complete WASH intervention package as laid out in the Project Intervention Logic.
- More specifically, the WASH Senior LGA Facilitators will develop, in close participation of the relevant LGAs, appropriate and feasible plans to ensure that annual and monthly LGA targets are met in time and cost effectively in a transparent manner.
- The WASH Senior LGA Facilitators will be based in the LGA headquarters and provide technical support to the LGA in-line with the responsibilities outlined below.
Area of Coverage
- Katsina: Kankara, Kankia, Maulmfashi, Kusada, Zango and Kurfi.
- Provide technical support LGA WASH Department in collating the Community Data Sheet (CDS), WASHIMS and monitor the implementation and quality of WASH services in the community, schools and health centres.
- Support for the development of LGA wide investment and Open Defecation elimination plan based on the key targets assigned by Kaduna FO to the concerned LGAs ensuring that work plan is consistent with the intervention package and follow the right intervention sequence.
- In close collaboration with the LGA Senior officials and WASH department, implement the monthly and annual work plan activities; and translate the annual and monthly work plan targets into the respective monthly and weekly work plans with SMART outputs and regularly monitor LGA level progress and performance against their monthly work plans and report to the LGA management and UNICEF, Katsina Field Office.
- Participate in regular meetings with key stakeholders at the LGA level, especially involving WASH Department and WASHCOMs to ensure a common understanding of the UNICEF support along with its requirements towards securing their full commitment to the project including cost sharing, as relevant amongst others.
- Facilitate Training of Trainers in Community-Led Total Sanitation (CLTS) to improve capacities for implementation at both the LGA and Community levels and build a resource pool of trained personnel in CLTS, and support Federation of Natural Leaders and Community Consultants to propagate CLTS and accelerate sanitation uptake and eliminate Open defecation in the entire LGA and support LGAs and communities to attain ODF through CLTS approach with increased participation of women groups and civil society organizations (CSOs).
- Support the LGA WASH Departments to supervise and monitor the activities of contracted NGOs and Private Service Providers against agreed plans, targets, and technical design, specifications and standards. This includes physical verification of completed facilities to ensure that quality of construction conforms to agreed designs and specifications before certification and payment to the contractors with the supervision of agreed annual work plans with greater focus on ensuring quality of construction and that the facilities are provided in the planned locations.
- Assist respective LGA WASH Departments to articulate needed support on community mobilization, community hygiene promotion, village-level operation & establishment and training of WASHCOMS, water quality monitoring and participatory planning and support for awareness raising campaigns such as Global Hand washing day, National Toilet day, etc.
- Support piloting Sanitation marketing activities, identification and capacity building of Toilet Business Entrepreneurs.
- Support LGA to establish and build capacity of WASHCom members and VLOM to plan and implement the SHAWN-II in rural communities of the self-selected LGAs.
- Support mechanism for involvement of CSOs/NGOs/CBOs and private sector to work with communities to implement, manage and sustain WASH services.
- Support LGA to build communities’ capacity for development and implementation of water safety plan (WSP) and ensure water quality monitoring & surveillance system (WQMSS) is sustained.
- Prepare periodic reports; develop LGA level work plans, documentation of process, progress and best practices of the project implementation to support evidence-based advocacy and learning (produce documentaries, human interest stories, case studies, etc.) before the end of project.
- Graduate Qualification in Social Science, Environmental Science, Civil Engineering, Public Health or a related field associated with water supply and sanitation.
- Knowledge/Familiarity with the WASH and experience of working with Government is an asset.
- Good written and verbal command over English and ability to speak the local language (Hausa) is essential.
- A minimum of 3 years of professional experience (LGA or State) in the field of public health and development; working knowledge of planning in WASH, coordination of WASH activities, and community mobilization approaches.
- Relevant experience of community based water and sanitation management and hygiene education and experience in CLTS would be an advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary environment and to establish harmonious and effective working relationships with governmental, non-governmental and civil society organisations.
- Understanding of the importance of social mobilization, behaviour change and partnerships.
- Good IT Skills on Ms Word, PowerPoint and Excel along with ability to generate data, interpret and utilize data for planning.
- Experience in community dialogue, ability to work at community level.
- Ability for team work and negotiation skills on project development issues at community level.
- The role reports to the WASH Specialist, Katsina Field Office
- The contract duration is 11 Months.
Location: Katsina Application Link
Location: Kaduna Application Link
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about DeloitteSimilar Jobs
- Business Development Manager at McTimothy Associates Consulting Limited
- HR Generalist at Aureole Consulting Limited
- Fresh Vacancies at Ascentech Services Limited
- Front Desk Officer at Sahel Consulting Agriculture & Nutrition Limited (SCANL)
- Accountant at Career Smart
- Professional Coaster Driver at Recore Limited
- Tricycle Sales Representatives at Pavoreal Industries Limited
- Chief Risk Officer at 4 Quarters Consultants Limited