Our Client in the energy(power generation) Industry seeks the services of a Finance Manager.
The Finance Manager assists the CFO for Financial strategy development and execution, he/she is responsible for ensuring the integration of both operational and financial measures aimed at efficiency, growth and profitability of the business in the long-term. The position incumbent has charge of day-to-day finance and accounting transactions and ensures effective Treasury (Assets & Liabilities management) and liquidity positions are maintained. Budgeting, financial performance monitoring and reporting are also key responsibilities of the function.
- Develops and articulates a comprehensive Financial and Risk Management strategy . Articulate the long-term financial strategy of the company into long term strategic plans and forecasts
- Acts as chief advisor and strategist providing needed support to the CFO, employees and Board with respect to the identification of Financial risk, and the resolution of attendant issues,
- Liaises with external internal and external stake Financial Services organizations, as may be required, to ensure the business remains adequately funded in terms of Debt, Equity and Working Capital requirements.
- Expands the company’s outreach activities and referral networks to ensure valuable and effective financial partnerships and alliances are forged that facilitate growth and business expansion requirements over time.
- Leads the formulation and execution of corporate level investment and financial management/financing programs for enhancing business growth and operating efficiency.
- Defines financial targets (cash flow, required return on capital) and ensures the sourcing of external debt and equity financing required to support the long-term growth and stability of the Company.
- Establishes and maintains an effective financial management framework covering treasury, tax planning, financial control and management information systems (MIS) processes and which support mission and business objectives and enable the effortless production of relevant periodic reports.
- Ensures the effective integration of the Company's strategic plan with its financial management strategies and in so doing regularly interfaces with the Group Office and individual operating entities within the Group to determine areas of mutual collaboration towards the achievement of Group financial and business objectives.
- Develops and implements effective Finance and Accounting systems, processes, procedures and policies which provide effective controls in the deployment and utilisation of capital and assets.
- Manages the budgetary process to ensure all budgets adequately reflect periodic resource requirements and revenue estimates for the business; co-ordinates the periodic financial performance monitoring and reporting activities of the Company.
- Approves all finance & accounting transactions and ensures processes/procedures are effective and comply with regulatory and statutory requirements; monitors the Company's financial books/position and signs off on any adjustments to ensure effective controls. Ensures the provision of timely, comprehensive and accurate Management Accounts that enable decision making processes.
- Manages Assets and Liabilities position to ensure current knowledge of the Company's cost of funds and product pricing requirements; oversees regular banking and treasury transactions and ensures adequate funds/liquidity levels are maintained to support daily business operations. Ensures surplus funds are properly invested.
- Supervises the preparation and dispatch of periodic statutory returns to regulatory authorities as required.
- Finance & Investment Management Project Finance
Assets and Liabilities Management Oral & Written Communication
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Good first degree in any of the following disciplines: (Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Actuarial Science), Relevant Professional Qualifications
- MSc. Finance is an added advantage or MBA.
MIN REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
7years cognate experience in a similar industry.
Bachelor's Degree/HND in Finance
go to method of application »
- Reporting to the Head, Business Development, this position assists in developing and executing strategic initiatives focused on new growth opportunities. The incumbent works with the Company's management team to ensure the corporate and business strategies remain relevant and that satisfactory progress is being made to ensure successful execution.
- The Business Development Manager is responsible for driving business growth by championing new business opportunities, capital investment initiatives, operational improvements and strategic alliances. He/she will perform financial analysis and valuations in support of planning and strategy formulation. This role will involve the analysis of specific strategies, technologies and markets through the development of financial models, databases and risk assessment tools.
- He/she has direct responsibility for market, competitor and industry analysis, benchmarking, project proposals, cost analysis and business planning.
- In addition, the Business Development Manager will also build and manage relationships with external industry analysts, strategic investors, technical and finance partners, business consultants, Government and other regulators, shareholders and other primary stakeholders. He/she will represent the Company's interests in commercial, operational and technical alliances, and in presentations and meetings related to the promotion, development and evaluation of business activities within approved policy and authority limits.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Supports the formulation and execution of the Company's vision and corporate strategic
Plan Business Development Manager Job Description
- Actively involved in the development of long- and short-term business goals, objectives and targets as part of the Company's planning and budgeting process
- Provides critical analytical and research support to develop growth strategies for the Company.
- Works with business managers and teams on the development and documentation of functional strategic plans which are presented to the Executive Management and Board for approval
- Communicates key information to stakeholders across the Company as regards marketplace needs, the competitive environment, cost management, and the provision of high-quality customer-focused products and services.
- Responsible for gathering, analysing and disseminating information on relevant energy policies involving federal and state regulatory matters.
- Presents viable business opportunities to the executive management team and investment review committee when required.
- Identifies changes in the economic and business environment that may potentially warrant modifications to the Company's business and operational support strategies and keeps internal stakeholders informed of organizational and environmental changes and trends that may have an impact on the Company’s current and future performance
- Enables the development of comprehensive Marketing, Sales and Operations management strategies, business plans and supporting budgets & policies
- Supports the effective integration of the Company's strategic plan with its day-to-day operations, across functional areas, and in so doing regularly interfaces with the Corporate Group Office and individual operating entities within the Group to determine areas of mutual collaboration towards the achievement of Group objectives.
- Coordinates the annual strategic planning and budgeting process, assists the Finance Manager with 5year business plan, financial forecasting and variance analysis.
- Leads sub teams in business planning and analysis, supports the formulation and documentation of final recommendations for executive and senior management review. Develop financial models and analytical frameworks to facilitate strategic planning and support management assumptions
- Develops strategy implementation and business performance measurement tools
- Conduct regular market, competitor and industry analyses to identify business growth
- Analyses business improvement opportunities by conducting economic, commercial, technical, financial reviews etc, with reference to best practice methodologies and approaches
- Drives the communication, execution and monitoring of the corporate and functional strategies and plans
- Works with business Managers to effectively negotiate and execute definitive research and/or licensing/concession agreements, as well as other business contracts
- Works with the Legal team towards meeting collaborative and contractual obligations to third parties.
- Develops standard Request for Proposal (RFP) templates, monitors the process and works with the Head, Procurement to analyse technical and commercial bids
- Researches and coordinates Company data to oversee and support Business Development and knowledge management efforts.
- Performs other assigned duties as delegated from time to time
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Quality, timeliness and effectiveness of corporate and functional plans developed, and the level of alignment with the Company’s Vision
- Extent to which operating plans and activities are driven by Corporate/Group Strategies Quality of financial models and forecasts
- Effectiveness of market intelligence
- Effectiveness of processes and systems in enabling the business
- Number of new business development initiatives that are implemented
Effectiveness of knowledge management within the Company
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
1st degree in Business, Finance, Engineering, Economic or other related field
Minimum of 10 years work experience, at least 2 of which must have been in a similar role or Financial Planning and Analysis, Management Consulting, Corporate Finance within a reputable and structured business environment, preferably in the Oil & Gas industry
Demonstrated ability to develop financial models and other complex analysis in Excel and present results in an easy to understand format
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED
- Energy Industry Dynamics with a bias for Gas & Power Business Development Manager Job Description
- Business Strategy Development and Execution
- Appreciation of Finance & Investment Management principles
- Financial/Economic Modeling and Forecasting
- Contract Negotiation, Management and Administration
- Project Management and Planning
- Government and Customer Relations
- Marketing and Sales
- Quantitative, analytical skills; strong attention to detail
- Business Planning Processes
- Business Performance Management Systems (Balanced Scorecard)
- Ability to conduct Secondary Research
- Creativity & Innovation
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Team playing
- Oral & Written Communication
- PC Utilisation
go to method of application »
- Design and conceptualize Power Plant either grid or embedded generation
- Conceptualize integration of power plants with distribution network
- Power plant project costing
- Sizing and selection of electricity generation equipment
Provide technical inputs into Power Purchase Agreement ( PPA)
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead Engineer writing in technical proposal for power generation and distribution.
- Lead Engineer in Power Audit and Load Profile Simulation
- Lead Engineer in technical due diligence
- Provide technical scope of work for evacuation studies
- To ensure power plants are built in accordance with international standards
- To ensure engines are loading in accordance with Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) specifications.
- Knowledgeable in selection of electrical fittings for Hazardous and Non- Hazardous areas
- Project costing, CAPEX, OPEX, etc.
- Overhead and underground distribution network design
- One line diagrams conceptualizing
- Key Performance Indicators
- Financial Perspective
- Equipment sizing and selection based on Life Cycle Cost (LCC) principle
- Ready to learn and exhibit relevant power economic principles in commercial proposal simulation
- Customer Perspective
- Cost saving solution
- Relevance of technical solution to the customer’s request
- Guaranteed performance of plant availability must be maintained
- Planned maintenance executed at the appropriate time
- Customer satisfaction levels
- Internal Processes Perspective
- Training of subordinates
- Development of computer software for performance enhancement
- Team player
- Employee Perspective
- Adherence of relevant international standards
- Honesty in project budgeting
- Ability to work alone or with minimum supervision
- Engineering Design which includes one line diagrams, process and power equipment
- generation facilities selection, Load flow, transient and steady state studies; bus bar short-circuit and continuous rating calculation and protection coordination and selectivity studies.
- Transformer ( from 0.415V to 33KV) and generators sizing and protection
- Simple cycle, combine cycle, cogeneration and tri-generation concepts
- Good knowledge of reciprocating gas engine and gas turbine driven generators’ load performance during transient (impact loading) and steady states conditions
- Good knowledge of power generation equipment parameters
- Area Classifications for hazardous and non-hazardous areas.
- Good knowledge of 11/33KV substation design and operation.
- Cause and Effect or SAFE chart for HAZOP Analysis based on API 14C, etc.
- Ability to proffer engineering solution for customers request
- Ability to analyse an existing electrical network or one-line diagram and improve upon it
- Proficiency in computer software for electrical network analysis, project scheduling and management
- Ability to convey information in clear, unambiguous terms to employees, management and other stakeholders to facilitate achievement of goals and objectives of the subsidiaries at all times.
- Systematic Thinking/Problem Solving
- Ability to think methodically
- Ability to think outside the box and approach issues - solution-minded
- Good leadership qualities
- Proactive decision making
- Tact and diplomacy
- Multi-tasking and deadline oriented
- Good communicator
- Education and Experience.
- Minimum of 10years post-graduate experience with not less than 8 years relevant experience in a similar position
- A good first degree in Electrical Engineering. at least 2nd Class lower
- Professional qualification – Membership of Nigerian Society of Engineers, COREN
Age – 35 to 40 years
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.