Leap29 is currently working with an International Oil and Gas company based in Nigeria and they have stellar opportunities for the following candidates:
Responsibilities of the Principal Drilling Engineer:
• Required to review and revise databases, particularly the reporting data base IDS ensuring data is accurately and correctly organised ready for use and easy to access.
• Required to conduct a monthly review of the technical work plan to optimise well delivery and minimise the costs.
• Require to carry out preliminary well planning at the project identification and evaluation stages.
• Required on a weekly basis to ensure the compilation of each team’s performance data and present feedback to the operation as means of encouraging performance improvements.
• Required to review and remain up to date with the company/statutory guidelines for drilling, completion and testing operations. Ensure drilling teams are aware of any changes and monitor compliance with same.
Qualifications of the Principal Drilling Engineer:
• Bachelor degree in Engineering.
• Member, Society of Petroleum Engineers. Member IADC. Attended industry courses in well engineering, well operations management, project management.
• Good technical knowledge of well planning and operations. Ability to analyse well operations and determine areas requiring improvement.
• Resourceful, self starter with the imagination and initiative to improve well operations.
• Team leader with presentation and organisational capabilities, able to coordinate and facilitate meetings.
To be suitable for this position you will need to have the following background
- 10 years of experiences in the Drilling Industry
- BS Degree in Engineering
- Good technical knowledge of well operations. Initiative to proffer solutions to technical problems. Sound knowledge of IADC/API guidelines for well operations. Knowledge and understanding of relevant regulations applicable to testing and completion operations.
- Supervise subordinates, rig operations, service companies; make presentations and facilitate meetings.
- Good interpersonal skills, communications and organizational skills are essential
Responsibilities will include
- Responsible for offshore/onshore well completion planning. Ensure completion plans are suitable for the well.
- Responsible for supervision of execution on the rig as needed.
- Ensure optimization of completion plans.
- Write detailed completion programs for all well types
- Hold planning meetings, CWOP’s etc. and ensure actions are taken to mitigate all risks in the program.
- Visit contractors and ensure tool selection is correct and meets all QA/QC requirements.
- Ensure Addax database is properly updated and useful for obtaining completion planning information.
- Monitor completion performance and provide benchmark statistics to ensure completions are time and cost effective.
- Provide charts of well completion performance for daily review, and engineering reports for the company as well as reports for NAPIMS and DPR.
- Establish completion KPI’s and monitor NPT performance.
- Provide detailed scope of work for completions and related services as needed for tendering or contracting purposes.
- Ensure completion contracts are valid for all jobs planned.
- Mentor drilling and completion engineers.
In return you will be rewarded with an excellent opportunity. If you want to take your career to the next level then this is the move. If the position is of interest please contact Nicole Mellor at Leap29 for further information on the role.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click on preferred job title to apply online.