Executive Director at Ananda Marga Universal Relief Team Foundation (AMURT Nigeria)
Posted on: 15 April, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Ananda Marga Universal Relief Tea
AMURT arrived in Nigeria in 2010. Ebonyi State was selected as the first project area because of its high rates of maternal and infant mortality. AMURT Nigeria has fifteen full time employees, in addition to around 50 health workers covering five rural health centers. AMURT’s focus is to extend primary healthcare and care for mothers and newborns to remote rural areas that previous had no access to health facilities.
The ED will report to the Country Director, and will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for AMURT Nigeria’s Administration, programs, expansion, and execution of its mission.
- Improve the organizations administrative, management and program policies and procedures to upgrade the efficiency and effectiveness of the organization
- Review and upgrade operational standards and monitoring & evaluation systems for higher quality programming
- Lead the process of developing a strategic plan that includes the voices of all staff from the health center level to HQ
- Foster effective teamwork among employees from the health center level to HQ
- Enhance AMURT NIGERIA’s image by being active and visible in the community, liaising with state and federal Ministry of Health and working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
- Lobby government representatives to pressure them to meet their contractual obligations with AMURT
- Liaise with board to fulfill the organization’s mission
Identify new fundraising sources and apply for grant and in-kind contributions from the same.
- Must have a masters degree in public health or other relevant field
- Knowledgeable in primary healthcare.
- Transparent and high integrity leadership.
- Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting.
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures (from the rural to the urban, from the grassroots to the elite)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Ability to foster adaptable, and innovative approaches to humanitarian programs
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Passion for uplifting the lives of marginalized peoples, and compassion towards all beings
- Must have at least five years working experience in health related NGO
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Send in your application by clicking the Apply button below
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Ananda Marga Universal Relief Team (AMURT)Similar Jobs
- Knowledge Management and Learning, M&E and Communications Manager at CARE International
- Human Resources Coordinator at the Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA)
- Job Vacancies at SOS Children's Villages
- Laboratory Surveillance Specialist at ICAP (Columbia University)
- Quality Focal Persons at Society for Family Health (SFH)
- Administrative Assistant / Safety and Security Manager at Abt Associates
- Zonal Project Manager at Malaria Consortium
- Job Openings at Creative Associates International