Caereers at State Accountability and Voice Initiative (SAVI)
Posted on: 26 May, 2014
Deadline: 6 June, 2014
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View Jobs posted same day
The State Accountability and Voice Initiative (SAVI) is a DFID funded programme designed to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of public resource use in selected states in Nigeria SAVI is a collective action-learning programme that promotes dynamic partnerships among key agents of change that will increase the ability of citizens to claim rights and hold stale governments accountable.
The approach to our work is defined by a number of key values Our Mission and the achievement of our Vision, requires that everybody within our organization live these values on a daily basis, ensuring that all who engage with us experience our commitment and belief in these Values, they include accountability, sustainability, respect& inclusion, learning & sharing, and team work.
The SAVI Programme focuses on the following core areas of work
- Conducting independent monitoring, research and policy analysis
- Supporting CS partners to engage citizens in issue-based policy advocacy and govt budget & planning processes.
- Strengthening the functions of the Media and State Houses of Assembly to facilitate constructive engagement between State Government and citizens.
- Minimum 3-4 years experience in Programme Development and Delivery
- Degree in Social Development, Community mobilization Political Science or similar discipline
- Proven experience of relationship management with key partners in State & Local Government
- Worked with Civil Society, the Media and/or State Legislature
- Preferred experience in policy advocacy, govt budget/planning processes
- Experience working with an International Donor Organization or Int. NGO Excellent in report writing and concept notes
- Ability to manage his/her own work with little supervision, work extra hours meet deadlines and work in a multi-cultural environment
- Proficiency in a wide range of software packages, including word, excel, outlook, power point and ability louse the internet
- Worked in Zamfara/Kano (essential) and personally committed to the development of Zamfara/Kano State
- Speaks Hausa fluently
Method of Application
A 2-page CV and an application letter are to be sent to: email@example.com specifying your preferred location: either Kano or Zamfara.
- There is NO cost or charge levied for ANY SAVI application process
- SAVI is Equal Opportunity Employer (which includes people living with disability).
- The Terms and Conditions of employment are commensurate with the levels of responsibility and experience.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Fresh Job Opportunities at Mercy Corps
- TA - Child Protection Officer at the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)
- Monitoring and Evaluation Specialists at Cuso International
- Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor at Randstad Construction Property Engineering - Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO)
- Job Opportunities at FHI 360
- Graduate WASH Technical Assistant at the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
- Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor at Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO)
- Logistics Coordinator at Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA)