- Study at London’s Top University - MDX. Tuition from just $5000 and 4 campuses. Learn more
Contracting Services Team Lead at Sellafield Energy Resources Limited
Posted on: 11 April, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at Sellafield Energy
Sellafield Energy Resources Limited is a leading provider of resources and services to Nigeria's energy sectors. The company has within a short time emerged as a reference point in the sourcing and provision of personnel, technology, equipment and general materials, amongst other critical resources to our growing number of clients in oilfields and power plants operations.
Contracting Services Team Leader has the primary responsibility to provide functional leadership and manages all processes, category/strategic interfaces, contracts and contractors, monitoring and reporting on activities whilst ensuring that teamwork safely to deliver on key tasks and targets.
- Leads the Contracting Services team.
- Links all plans into any central SCM C&P strategies.
- Drives the Strategic Sourcing Process: Development of category contract strategies and implementation through market appraisal, prequalification, identification, tendering and selection of optimum Contractors for execution.
- Undertakes due diligence in mitigating all external supply risk from contractor selection through to contract execution and management.
- Deployment of standard SCM functional processes, systems, and tools in project performance and contract management
- Assures performance through clear metrics.
- In liaison with Legal develop a standard model contract for the client i.e. model contract for work, model contract for goods and services, etc.
- The authority and single point of accountability for the relevant sector on demand and market characteristics and drives the demand planning and the creation of Contracts Category Management plans for Group SCM managed to spend.
- Support the Group Head, SCM in meeting annual performance targets including key contract development and award schedule delivery dates.
- Uses knowledge of commercial contract law to utilize model contracts, develop and sign off pertinent Category contractual terms and conditions.
- Leads commercial/contractual discussions with suppliers
- Drives the Supplier Management process as prescribed by Contracts Category Management Process: Is the single point of SCM accountability for supplier performance and leads supplier performance improvement meetings in collaboration with the Line
- Jointly with the Technical Lead, leads the development of Performance Improvement Plan and recommends intervention (i.e. re-negotiate or cancel contracts) if the performance improvement plan fails
- Identifies, implements and realizes value through effective ‘strategic cost management’ utilizing best in class methods and tools and mitigates business risk through ensuring rigorous contract management controls
- Routinely communicates openly and with integrity with key business stakeholders to ensure alignment of SCM and the internal customer.
- Promotes compliance with the Company Code of Conduct.
- Develops a high level of category competency through knowledge transfer and mentorship from experienced category team members
- Experience in Oil and Gas project or construction industries with contracting responsibilities.
- Experience in engineering, pipeline, and project management services contract sector preferred.
- Legal contract background with a track record of delivery preferred.
- Degree in Law, Business or Technical discipline. Professional accreditation is a plus (IACCM, CIPS etc.).
- An effective influencer at senior management levels.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Send in your application by clicking the Apply button below
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Sellafield EnergySimilar Jobs
- Principal Materials & Corrosion Engineer at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
- Business Development Manager at Aldelia Group
- Assistant Operator 3 at Expro Group
- Oil & Gas Reliability Engineer - Engineering at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
- Jobs at Rainoil Limited
- Fabrication Manager at Prime Services FZE
- Proposals Manager, Strategic Projects at Nigerdock Nigeria Plc
- Offshore Projects Manager at an Oil and Gas Company - Michael Stevens Consulting