Wood Group Kenny provides a seamless service for the design and management of subsea facilities, pipelines, marine renewable energy and all-of-facility integrity management, materials engineering and corrosion management projects worldwide. We have an organisation that is structured to promote discipline excellence within our individual companies with the capability to assemble, anywhere in the world, a multi-disciplinary, combined project team to perform a concept, FEED or detail design engineering workscope.
MCS Kenny is a world leader in compliant riser design with an extensive track record across all riser types and water depths. This includes flexible risers, steel catenary risers, hybrid steel-flexible risers, and top tensioned risers for both floating production and floating drilling platforms. To complement our service, the company also provides advanced structural analysis and technology development capabilities for subsea and pipeline facilities. We have an unrivalled track record of technology development and have written many of the industry standards for marine risers.
Due to continued growth, we are currently looking for experienced Riser Project Engineers to join our team in Stavanger.
We are currently recruiting for a Principal Riser and Mooring Engineer on a contract basis located in Lagos, Nigeria.
The Engineer will act as guardian of the defined design/operating envelopes of plant and equipment with respect to riser and mooring systems and participate in the design of current and future projects in the DW offshore area and to offshore SPDC projects.
• Participate in the provision of offshore structures support to new and on-going projects in DWP.
• Coach any assigned offshore discipline engineer
• Networks with Discipline Heads and Asset and Project engineering Leads and Project Engineers for successful execution of projects.
- Evaluate various riser types and prepare concept selection reports.
- Prepare bases for design of risers.
- Perform design and analyses of various types or risers including steel catenary risers, drilling risers and flexible risers
- Specify and design special riser components such as end-terminations, porches, bending restrictors and I-tubes.
- Specify requirements for fabrication, installation and precommissioning.
- Prepare technical specifications for risers that will be included in invitation to tender.
• Other Accountabilities
- Participate in design reviews, audits and other structural-related reviews.
- Train young engineers and engineers new to the Riser systems analyses and design.
Why is WGK ‘where you want to be’?
We have operations globally so your career has the ability to bring you to some of the most interesting places in the world
Our training and competence teams will provide you with the tools and ability to progress your career
Please quote job reference IRC112227 in all correspondence relating to this position.
Internal applicants must discuss their application with their line manager prior to applying.
Online applications only - no email applications