Middle Level Instrument PDMS Designer at WorleyParsons
Posted on: 24 May, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at WorleyParsons
Job Type: Contract/Temporary
Advertising Category / Engineering/Design & Sciences
Location of Job: Lagos, NG (Primary)
- Enforce company policies, use of work practices, guidelines, relevant codes, recommended practices, regulatory and project standards to attain proficiency in the design development.
- Lead and provide assistance to designers in development of the following instruments & control system deliverables: Instrument Index, Capable to create new and complex Instrument Installation Details (Hook Ups), Support Details, Instrument Location Layout, Cable Routing Layout, Junction Box and Marshalling cabinets Layouts, Control Panels and Operation Consoles Layouts, Wiring Diagrams, Loop Diagrams, Material Take Off (Bills of Material), I/O Lists, Cable and conduit schedule, Sample conditioning systems, Control Systems Architecture Diagrams, Logic and Schematic Diagrams, Review Vendor Drawings & Review Other disciplines drawings and resolve interferences/problems.
- Ensure discipline scope of work is executed in coordination with other disciplines and completed satisfactorily within scope, quality, schedule and budget, defined by the Project Management Plan.
- Provide technical direction and coordination for instruments designer personnel by reviewing deliverables to ensure conformance to engineering quality & technical accuracy, assess team competencies during the yearly appraisal process to identify discipline / team training needs, participate in the recruiting of new personnel, and disciplinary actions.
- Promote and maintain drafting standards & company procedures to improve discipline working practices.
- Comply with Company ethics code.
- Participate on reliability and risk assessment studies, validate design software, develop discipline specific tools, forms and templates, perform technical bid analysis for sub-contracting work, resource allocations, develop new project budget estimates and participate in sub-contract evaluation, develop in-house calculation tools or Manage changes in scope and schedule in accordance with the change control process as defined by the Quality Assurance and Enterprise Management System, ensuring compliance with relevant procedures, standards and regulations. Templates, review company procedures.
- Manage changes in scope and schedule in accordance with the change control process as defined by the Quality Assurance and Enterprise Management System, ensuring compliance with relevant procedures, standards and regulations.
- Observe personal safe working practices and understand the importance of HSE in design with an awareness of Corporate Occupational Health & Safety Procedures.
- Other tasks as assigned by Chief / Lead Discipline Designers & Engineers Above.
Substantial proven experience of detailed Instrumentation design and drafting activities gained with notable design contractors.
Industry Specific Experience:
8-15 years’ experience in Offshore / FPSO Oil and Gas Design industry.
Education – Qualifications, Accreditation, Training:
ONC / OND/ HND certificate
Safety – Responsible for personal safety, safe working practices for WorleyParsons. Understand and follow HSE procedures.
Excellent knowledge and use of PDMS / PDS, AUTOCAD, MICROSTATION and MS Office Suite.
Proven leadership, excellent coordination and communication skills.
Method of Application
Click here to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about WorleyParsonsSimilar Jobs
- Document Controllers at Jagal Group
- Business Development Role at a Leading Servicing Company - Adexen Recruitment Agency
- Engineering Job Vacancy at Hobark International Limited
- Fresh Job Vacancy at JAGAL Group
- Engineering Jobs at Onstream Group
- Graduate Jobs at an Oil And Gas Firm - Integrated Corporate Services Ltd
- Graduate and Experienced Jobs at Russelsmith
- Admin / Receptionist at Gulf Treasures Limited