Engineering Manager - Subsea Services (SSA Region) at Baker Hughes - GE Nigeria
Posted on: 9 April, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Engineering / Technical
View All Jobs at Baker Hughes
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
Job ID: 3261139
Location: Onne, Rivers
Job Function: Engineering/Technology
Business Segment: Oil & Gas Oilfield Equipment
- The Engineering Manager –SSA Region is responsible for leading the Service Engineering department in the Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) region.
- The Engineering Manager is responsible for the execution of the regional service operations and growth plan as well as HSE excellence.
- Integrates and develops processes that meet business needs across the organization.This position reports functionally to the Global Engineering Manager of Subsea Services.
- Considered to be a business partner and is involved in long-term planning. This role contributes to the overall strategy and manages complex issues within functional areas of expertise.
- This position reports functionally to the Global Engineering Manager for Subsea Services and operationally to the SSA Regional Subsea Services Leader.
- Superior responsibility for all engineering activities for the Services business in the SSA Region.
- Provide engineering leadership with clear technical accountability.
- Provide operational and strategic leadership to balance between short and long-term deliveries in line with budget and strategic commitments.
- Identify and implement key synergies to improve overall efficiency and execution.
- Liaise with customers either on or off site across the region as necessary to drive work into the company.
- Ability to offer solution based technical offerings for the Subsea product line (Trees, CWOR, Landing Strings, etc.)
- Execute operation commitments and ensure on-time delivery.
- Provide support to Bid Management to ensure executable bids are proposed.
- Overall recruitment, resource and capacity management and planning for the department.
- Key Performance Indicators (KPI) management and monitoring.
- Management for all direct reporting positions.
- Training and capacity development for the region’s engineering function.
- Oversee design processes and quality within the department.
- Develop and improve the department’s business processes.
- Drive Services Engineering team competence development.
- Ensure effective communication within the department including stakeholders in the SSA Region and overall Services Organisation, Customer and Global Engineering Organisations
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited university.
- Extensive experience in the Oil and gas industry
- Extensive knowledge of Subsea equipment.
- Highly experienced in managing people, motivating others and achieving results.
- Ability to effectively manage teams in a dynamic fast paced environment.
- Highly motivated with strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Strong knowledge of products required to deliver services solutions.
- Strong presentation skills
- Customer focused in defining quality and establishing priorities.
- Flexibility to travel within SSA
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Baker Hughes career website on jobs.gecareers.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Baker HughesSimilar Jobs
- Marketers at Sumec Firman Nigeria Coy Ltd
- Rotating Equipment Engineer at DeltaAfrik Engineering Limited - WorleyParsons
- Latest Jobs at Aggreko Plc
- Service Team Lead At Aggreko Africa
- Marketing Executives at Eptech Power Control Systems Limited
- Accounts and Administration Assistant at PowerGen Renewable Energy
- Customer Engagement Associate at PowerGen Renewable Energy
- Technical Assistant at an Engineering Company - Westfield Consulting Limited