Bursar at University of Agriculture,Makurdi
Posted on: 2 August, 2011
Deadline: 19 September, 2011
View Jobs in Education / Teaching
View Jobs posted same day
The position of Bursar of the University of Agriculture, Makurdi (UAM) will become vacant on Wednesday, 14th December, 2011.
In line with UAM statute Universities (miscellaneous Provisions) Decree 1993 NO.1 Section 7(1) and the Conditions and scheme of Service for Senior Staff (2004), Council has approved that the position of Bursar be advertized.
Applications are therefore invited from suitably qualified candidates for the post of Bursar, University of Agriculture, Makurdi.
(a) Salary: Consolidated
(b) Qualification: The candidate must possess a Bachelor of science / Higher national Diploma in Accountancy and should be a member of any of the following recognized professional accounting bodies:
• Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria
• Association of Certified Chartered Accountants
• Association of national Accountants of Nigeria (ANAN)
• Institute of Cost and Management Accountants
• American Institute of Certified Public Accountants'
• Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants
• The Chartered Institute of public Finance and Accountants.
(c) Age: The applicant must be below the age of 55 years at the point of assumption of duty.
Candidates must have 18 years post qualification experience, 10 years of which must be in a Senior Management position.
Candidates must be academically alert and professionally competent with the capability to set up an accounting system that will emphasize productivity and accountability among other things. The Bursar will be expected to give good professional leadership and on the job proficiency training to the Bursary staff.
(e) Computer Literacy: Candidate must possess evidence of Computer Literacy and a demonstrable ability in the use of computer and access to the Internet.
(f) Health: The applicant must enjoy good health to be able to endure the rigours of the duties of the Bursar.
(g) Duties: The Bursar shall be the Chief Finance Officer of the University and shall be responsible to the Vice Chancellor for the day-to-day financial administration and control of the financial affairs of the University.
(h) Duration of the Appointment: The appointment is for 5 years in the first instance and may be renewed for the second term of 5 years based on satisfactory performance.
Other conditions are as provided for Bursars in the Federal Universities of Nigeria and as may be reviewed by competent authorities from time to time.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates are required to forward their applications in 15 copies with photocopies of their certificates and relevant credentials and detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating:
1 Full names
2 Date and Place of Birth
3. Permanent Address
4. Marital Status
6. Number and Ages of Children
7. Educational Institutions attended with Dates and Qualification Obtained including membership/fellowship of relevant professional bodies if any. .
8. Work Experience and Positions held with dates.
9. Present Employer, Post and Salary
10. List of Publications if any
11. Other Relevant activities outside current employment
12. Major professional achievements, contributions including awards received if any.
13. Names and addresses of 3 referees - one of whom should be professionally competent to assess the applicant. (The referees should be requested to forward their references direct to the Vice-Chancellor, University of Agriculture, Makurdi to reach him on or before 19th September, 2011.
14. All applications should be addressed to:
University of Agriculture
Benue State, Nigeria
to reach him on or before 19th September, 2011.
Only applications of those who may be shortlisted for interview will be acknowledged.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Job Openings at Westside Academy
- Teaching Vacancy at Shepherd International College
- Home Lesson Teachers at Mind Smith Limited
- Vice - Chancellor at the Dominican University, Ibadan
- Latest Vacancies at Premier International School
- Teaching Jobs at Kiddies Acess Centre
- Head of Training School at a World Class Co-Educational School - Bradfield Consulting
- Academic and Non-Academic Staff Recruitment at the Nile University of Nigeria