West African Ventures (WAV) Limited is a 100% Nigerien company providing onshore/offshore services in Engineering, Procurement, Fabrication, Installation, Vessels Charter and other support services in the oil/gas industry. As part of WAV’s growth and repositioning strategy, experienced and highly motivated candidates with drive are required to fill the position of Internal Auditor to be based in Lagos, and will report to the Group Internal Auditor.
- Conduct risk assessments and establish controls to mitigate identified risks.
- Perform audit procedures to verify that controls are operating as desired
- Conduct ad-hoc investigations and reviews as requested by senior management
- Analyse and conclude on effectiveness and efficiency of control environment
- Identify control gaps and opportunities for improvement.
- Prepare timely audit reports on audit assignments for management
- Assess, evaluate and promote compliance to internal policies of the company
- Contribute, as appropriate, in annual financial audit with the external auditor
- Provide advice on internal control and participate in enhancing internal audit standards and practices within the company.
- A university degree & professional qualification in Accounting, Financial Management or Internal Audit
- 10-15 years' experience in Internal Audit. Preference is for experience with international audit firm(s) and in the oil/gas sector.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Outlook, and Visio
- Must be focused, target driven and result-oriented.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send their application online enclosing a current and up-to-date resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please not that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.