Careers at APM Terminals
Posted on: 23 May, 2014
Deadline: 5 June, 2014
View Jobs in Logistics and Transportation
View All Jobs at APM Terminals
APM Terminals, we are a team of over 20,000 employees spread across more than 60 countries united by a passion to provide our expertise in port operations and container management services. By providing the expertise and port infrastructure essential to world trade, we actively support the advancement of the societies around us, enabling local economies to unlock their potential and build an even stronger global community. Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to experience different cultures and make friends all over the world. You’ll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any of our offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM Terminals, the world is your workplace.
APM Terminals is an independent business unit within the Danish A.P. Moller-Maersk Group – a Global Fortune 500 company with over 120,000 employees and offices in 130 countries with global growth opportunities in a range of fields from shipping and energy to our offshore and retail sectors - Join us to achieve even your most ambitious career goals!
APM Terminals is recruiting to fill the position of:
- Find reliable sources to supply goods and services
- Contact suppliers to obtain information on price, quality and delivery capabilities for goods and services required.
- Check supplier operations at point of supply or on site
- Procure capital items / consumables in accordance with company policy
- Process departmental purchase requests and ensure adherence to user department requirement
- Prepare periodic reconciliation of purchased items
- Review requisitions submitted by departments to determine proper pricing and quality control
- Place orders for purchases and ensure proper follow up for timely delivery
- Conduct / prepare periodic market survey / reports for price comparison
- Perform other duties as assigned from time to time
- Processing and tracking of form M for shipments
- Customs duty processing and ensuring payment made on time with payables
- Tracking of Cargotec Kalmar and Liebherr invoices and ensuring payments are made before due date as per payment terms of our frame Agreement;
- Weekly report on status of purchase orders with the CFO
- Updating the procurement plan/savings for the year so far on Ariba for Regional Managers to see
- Checking the invoiced rates of freight forwards against agreed rates
- Processing of import permit letter for SONCAP exemption for smooth process for sea freight shipment
- Sending bi-weekly reports to freight forwards and internal user departments on shipment processing and status of purchase orders
- Preparing monthly purchase requisition, purchase order and goods received report to finance manager
- Tracking and processing container deposit refunds
- Ensuring Frame agreements are adhered to
- Ensuring DHL invoices are paid on time to avoid withholding of our shipments
- Requires a university degree in Accounting/Business Administration or any related course.
- Requires at least two to four years of experience in Administration/purchasing.
- Must be able to exercise good judgment in order to set priorities.
- Good knowledge and understanding of the contractual terms, conditions and requirements and the particular job to be performed by the Contractor
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about APM TerminalsSimilar Jobs
- Job Opening at a Leading Logistics Company - Adexen Recruitment Agency
- Job Opening at a Logistics Company - U Connect Human Resources Ltd
- Job Vacancies at a Shipping and Logistics Company - Virtuoso
- Transport and Logistics Manager at MoveMe.Com.Ng
- Commercial Manager (Expatriate) at a Leading Logistics Service Provider - Adexen Recruitment Agency
- Customer Service Executive at Damco Nigeria
- Job Opportunity at Damco Nigeria
- Accountant at CS Offshore Integrated Services Limited