Lead Procurement Engineer (Nigerdock) at Jagal
Posted on: 23 May, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at Jagal Group
Jagal Group is recruiting for its subsidary company, Nigerdock to fill the position of Lead Procurement Engineer.
Nigerdock is West Africa’s leading Oil & Gas construction corporation and has an additional focus on major marine services including offshore and pressure vessels fabrication, ship building and repair, industrial training and specialized Oil & Gas and maritime support. It is strategically located on Snake Island Integrated Free Zone, an impressive industrial free zone facility and port development on an island in the coastal waterway of Lagos, with immediate access to open seas.
Nigerdock is organised into four main divisions, namely Projects, Offshore Fabrication including Pressure Vessels, Facilities department which is an internal service provider, and a Ship repair yard. In addition there is a dedicated Training Centre. Each of these four main divisions is a standalone unit headed by a General Manager, reporting to the Operations Director.
Nigerdock is an ISO 9001:2000 UKAS certified organisation; it is also one of a very few companies in West Africa with ASME U&R stamp certification for the fabrication of pressure vessels.
Nigerdock has an aggressive investment programme into new plant, equipment and technologies. It is also committed to the training of its workforce and the constant improvement of its systems and procedures
Jagal Group is recruiting to fill the position of:
- The Lead Procurement Engineer will act as an interface between Stakeholders and Procurement to ensure that the required goods/materials are correctly specified prior to the purchase process.
- The role holder will have detailed knowledge of the equipment, materials, and supplies used in an oil and gas fabrication yard.
- There will be an involvement in supporting buyers with technical advice so as to ensure that the proposed goods/materials meet both the PO specification and stakeholder requirements, as well as conforming to the required quality standards.
Key Aims and Objectives:
- Set-up of Material Item Coding Policy
- Development of Systems/Methodology
- Development of Material Specifications
- Development of a Material Coding Strategy
- Development of Material Coding Procedure
- Implementation of Policy/Strategy/Procedures
- Degree in a traditional Engineering discipline, such as Mechanical, Electrical, Civil, or Manufacturing Engineering
- 8-15 years’ experience in Procurement Engineering, ideally in the Oil & Gas Fabrication sector but not only limited to
- Excellent organizational, communication, interpersonal skills, people management and leadership skills
- Ability to handle multiple complex assignments with tight schedules, changing scope and requirements
- Able to plan and execute work in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Ability to efficiently identify problems and propose solutions
- Ability to work in a multicultural/multinational environment
- Ability to train
- Ability to work to the highest levels of customer service, confidentiality, with an ethical behaviour
- Computer skills shall include; ERP software exposure, Microsoft Office and Web based project co-ordination tools
- Full command of the English language (Speak, Read, Write)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified should click here to apply online.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Jagal GroupSimilar Jobs
- OLT Electrical & Instrumentation Supervisor at Hobark International
- Human Resource Job at Petrok Oil and Gas
- Human Resource Assistant at a Maritime Institution - George Davidson & Associates (GDA)
- Jobs at Adexen Recruitment Agency
- Fresh Jobs at Hobark International Limited (HIL)
- Business Development Executive at a Leading Technological Company - Petros Management Consulting
- Drilling Job at Mosra Enerji Limited
- Document Controllers at Jagal Group