If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Layer3 is one of the fastest growing network and security infrastructure companies in West Africa, providing award-winning services, including managed and cloud services, network security, IT infrastructure management, virtualization and mobile device management solutions.
Our unique model integrates best-of-breed technologies from global leaders such as Juniper Networks, Blue Coat, Polycom, AirWatch, F5, Extreme Networks and VMware, coupled with our next-generation metro fiber networks, to offer unparalleled services and after sales support to some of the most demanding customers.
To learn more about Layer3 and our services, visit our website at www.layer3.ng
- The Human Resource Manager leads and directs the HR team to enable them to deliver a comprehensive HR service to the business.
- S/He proactively advises on best practices and where necessary takes a hands-on role in dealing with case work.
- The incumbent, required to support the people management functions that underpin the business culture, must possess a professional and commercial approach to HR, coupled with the ability to deliver high employee satisfaction, appropriate development and reward for individuals.
Key responsibilities of the HR Manager:
- Lead and direct the Human Resource team to deliver a comprehensive HR service to the business
- Employee Relations: absence tracking and management, disciplinary and grievance management, dispute resolution, etc.
- Measure employee satisfaction and identify areas that require improvement
- Performance Management: coaching employees on performance management issues and processes
- Learning & Development: providing guidance on development for managers and their teams
- Training : Implementing the training and development agenda; identify areas that need attention and improvement
- Recruitment & retention: managing talent and succession planning; taking overall responsibility for recruitment activity and campaigns
- Reward, advice and support employees on company benefits
- Policy & procedures: implementation of new HR policies, procedures and processes
- Ensure all company policies and procedures are up to date in line with current employment law. Ensure line managers are conversant with changes to any policies.
- Working with senior managers, coaching them and advising on all people issues
- Deal with complex disciplinary/grievance and HR issues, using HR and company knowledge evidencing appropriate decision making skills
- Crafting of innovative business and people solutions that will make the work environment a fun, but conducive place to be
- Managing priorities between casework and projects
- Managing HR budgets
Desired Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Proficiency in Core HR skill areas - HR Planning & forecasting, Talent Acquisition and Development, OD & Change Management; Career Management, Succession Planning, Compensation and Benefits, Performance Management, Rewards, Guidance and Counseling.
- Proficiency in Visio, Excel, PowerPoint and other Microsoft office tools
- Superb communication skills honed in business partnering/advisory roles
- Experience of dealing with senior and sometimes challenging individuals
- Ability to build rapport quickly with key members of the executive team.
- Most be sociable and easy to function in an environment with predominant young employees
- Ability to represent the Human Resource function as part of the bigger business picture
- Confident directing HR and advising managers on all aspects of people management and development.
- Demonstrable experience in managing TUPE, redundancy or other relevant HR projects
- Strong understanding of Nigerian employment law
- Bachelors Degree or Masters qualification in relevant discipline
- CIPD or equivalent qualification
- Minimum of 2 years working experience in a HR Managerial role
- Experience in the IT/Telecom space will be considered an asset
Method of Application
Interested applicants are required to forward their CVs and detailed cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org with 'HR Manager' as the subject of the mail.
While we appreciate your interest in our organization, only shortlisted applicants LIVING IN ABUJA will be contacted.