If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Malaria Consortium (www.malariaconsortium.org) is one of the world's leading non-profit organisations which is dedicated to the comprehensive control of malaria and other communicable diseases in Africa and Southeast Asia. Malaria consortium(MC) works with communities, Government and non-Governmental agencies, academic institutions, local and international organisations to ensure good evidence support delivery of effective services, providing technical support for
monitoring and evaluation of programmes and activities for evidence-based decision
making and strategic planning.
Malaria Consortium (MC) has been in operation in Nigeria since 2008 with its country office inAbuja. MC now seeks to recruit professionals in its country office:
The Country Technical Coordinator will be based in MC country office. S/he will provide technical oversight and support to all MC projects in Nigeria and also ensure these projects are implemented using up-to-date knowledge and best practices that are in line with the organisations global plan. The CTC will provide strategic contributions to expansion of MC development projects in Nigeria and also provide technical inputs and support to the Ministry of Health and all relevant stake holders.
Additional key responsibilities will include;
- Work with Country Director on strategic business development, proposal development and support the implementation of Value for Money (VFM) framework for MC interventions;
- Support Country Director to identify technical resource gaps and coordinate the identification, recruitment and selection of technical staff in different regions;
- Contribute to development of knowledge management systems and M&E framework for the country office and its programmes;
- Represent MC in local and international meetings/workshops with donors, government representatives and other relevant stakeholders;
- Act as the budget holder and principal investigator for key programmes and research studies respectively;
- Contribute to the development of relevant programme documents such as policy briefs on technical topics and advocacy materials development;
- Provide technical inputs towards rapid and smooth programme start up and termination, including programme transition to national stakeholders.
- Candidates must have a post graduate degree in Public/International Health, Epidemiology or other relevant discipline with a minimum of 7-10 years' experience within the development sector.
- S/he must have demonstrable experience working in the Nigerian health systems with knowledge of communicable/infectious disease control in the country.
- S/he must also have experience in financial management, project management and data management.
- Hands-on use of relevant computer application tools, presentation skills as well as strong leadership skills are required for this position.
go to method of application »
The Epidemiologist will be based in the country office. S/he will work with the Country Technical Coordinator (CTC) to oversee, plan and coordinate all programme epidemiological field activities and also provide technical inputs in data analysis, interpretation, and management including writing of relevant programme reports.
Additional key responsibilities will include;
- Work with M&E officers across projects in the development of routine and supplementary disease surveillance systems and a data management system;
- Coordinate the development of action plans for in - country project evaluation;
- Provide technical support for capacity building on areas of disease epidemiology;
- Contribute to MC knowledge management and management and operational research activities on National, regional and global levels.
- Candidates must have a post-graduate qualification in Epidemiology or other related discipline with minimum of 4 years' experience.
- Field and research experience in malaria epidemiology and control, communicable diseases, data collectionl analysis and mathematical modeling of infectious disease are required for this position.
- Hands-on use of relevant computer applications tools, statistical and data management softwares such as Stata & Epidata are essential for this position.
Method of Application
Terms and Conditions of Employment: The appointment term will be a renewable period of up to 24 months, with an initial 6 months probationary period.
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should submit a copy of their recent CV using the name of the position as subject of the email through the appropriate link at www.gridconsulting.net All applications must be submitted latest Friday, 30th May, 2014