Head of Finance at TSL Logistics Limited
Posted on: 19 May, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Logistics and Transportation
View Jobs posted same day
TSL Logistics Limited is recruiting to fill the position below:
- Assess organizational performance against both the annual budget and company's long-term strategy.
- Develop tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information to the MD and make actionable recommendations on both strategy and operations.
- Engage the board finance, audit, and investment committees around issues, trends, and changes in the operating model(s) and operational delivery.
- Assist in establishing yearly objectives and meeting agendas, and selecting and engaging outside consultants (auditors, investment advisors).
- Oversee long-term budgetary planning and costs management in alignment with company's strategic plan, especially as the organization considers sponsorships, potential acquisitions, and collaborations with external organizations.
- Serve as a member of executive leadership team
- Participate in key decisions pertaining to strategic initiatives, operating model and operational execution
- Prepare and maintain regular financial planning reports; Monthly profit and loss forecast by division (vs. budget); Weekly cash flow forecast.
- Complete analysis of financial results; Develop recommendations (strategic and tactical).
- Develop and execute analysis of various business initiatives (e.g., opening new operations, asset acquisition, new service launches).
- Develop and maintain capital budget.
- Assist in development of financial planning and analysis exercises/reports.
- Participate in calls with Lenders.
- Oversee cash flow planning and ensure availability of funds as needed.
- Oversee cash, investment, and asset management.
- Oversee financing strategies and activities, as well as banking relationships.
- Develop and utilize forward-looking, predictive models and activity-based financial analyses to provide insight into the organization’s operations and business plans.
- Coordinate the development and monitoring of budgets.
- Develop financial business plans and forecasts.
- Participate in corporate policy development as a member of the senior management team.
- Engage the finance committee of the board of directors to develop short-, medium-, and long-term financial plans and projections.
- Represent the company to financial partners, including financial institutions, investors, foundation executives, auditors, public officials, etc.
- Remain up to date on nonprofit audit best practices and state and federal law regarding nonprofit operations.
- Oversee the accounting department to ensure proper maintenance of all accounting systems and function; supervise company nonprofit's finance staff.
- Ensure maintenance of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures.
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy, and usefulness of financial and management reporting for federal and state funders, foundations, and company nonprofit’s board of directors; oversee the preparation and communication of monthly and annual financial statements.
- Coordinate audits and proper filing of tax returns.
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions.
- Mentor and develop a direct team, managing work allocation, training, problem resolution, performance evaluation, and the building of an effective team dynamic.
- Guide larger, cross-divisional teams outside of direct span of control within the five main company national nonprofit program areas.
- Oversee preparation of month-end, quarter-end and year-end financial statements
- Review all month-end closing activities including general ledger maintenance, balance sheet reconciliations and corporate/overhead cost allocation
- Enhance and implement financial and accounting systems, processes, tools and control systems
- Serve as final point of escalation for Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable issues
- Develop and manage accounting staff
- Serve as a key point of contact for external auditors; Manage preparation and support of all external audits.
- Oversee weekly cash management; Approve weekly payables; Execute check signing
- Oversee AR management and provide support to collections activities
- Represent company in efforts with investment bankers and potential investors
- Prepare various analyses and reports required by corporate development efforts.
Job specification of Head of Finance
1.) A minimum of a B.Sc/HND and at least 7years experience. MBA/MSc would be added advantage same as membership of relevant professional bodies.
2.) At least five years' experience as Finance Coordinator or equivalent
3.) Experience working with information technology staff to manage finance and accounting software packages.
4.) Excellent written and oral communication skills.
5.) Demonstrated leadership ability, team management, and interpersonal skills.
6.) Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills, plus excellent organization skills.
7.) Experience in a senior financial-management role, partnering with executive staff, resulting in the development and implementation of creative financial management strategies.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org using Job Title as the Subject.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Graduate Relationship Officer at Dragnet Solutions Limited
- Dock Worker At Peen Nigeria Limited
- Driver at Inland Containers Nigeria Limited
- Entry-level Accountant at Nation Delivery Express
- Jobs at Kempt Harkulson Nigeria Limited (KHNL)
- Agricultural Crate Leasing Executive at Connect Rail Services Limited (CRSL)
- Dispatch Riders at NationDelivery Nigeria Ltd
- Sea Clearing Officer at Daudeen Freight Forwarding Company