Disability Support Project is an Independent Living Programme for Persons with Disabilities (ILP) and MTN Foundation partnership project that seeks to support persons with disabilities through provision of mobility aids and appliances to improve their accessibility and socio/economic status. The Project started in 2009 and has so far produced over 20,000 beneficiaries across the 36 States and FCT Abuja through Phase 1 to Phase 4 with each phase covering 12 states.
- Job TypeFull Time
Abia, Bauchi, Edo, Enugu, Gombe, Katsina, Kogi, Kwara, Ogun, Ondo, Rivers, Zamfara
- Job Field
- The Ideal Field officer shall serve as the contact person and representative of Independent Living Programme for People with Disabilities in the state and will report directly back to ILP’s Headquarters in Ibadan through the Project Officer.
- The Field Officer is a volunteering position but not without benefits (see below for benefits attached to this position).
- The ideal field officer must be passionate and willing to work with persons with Disabilities.
Disability Support Project Phase 5 States
- Abia State
- Edo State
- Enugu State
- Bauchi State
- Kwara State
- Kogi State
- Gombe State
- Rivers State
- Ogun State
- Ondo State
- Kastina State
- Zamfara State
8 months (May – December 2014)
- Proper handling and management of the Vulnerability Index Forms which include:
- Identify eligible respondents (physical, visual and hearing impairments)
- Obtain responses to the questions from the respondents
- Ensure confidentiality of information provided by the respondent
- Ensure that the vulnerability index form are properly handled and handed back to the head office in good shape.
- Accurately record the respondent answers on the Vulnerability Index Forms according to instructions in this manual.
- Upload completed V.I form online to project database website
- Liaise on behalf of ILP with Ministries and authorities e.g. Governor, First lady of the State, Commissioner for relevant ministries, Director of Rehabilitation, Special Adviser to the Governor on disability.
- Place Jingles on state radio stations to sensitize/mobilize people with disabilities to come out for administration of VI forms, verification and distribution
- Keeping a clean and tight record of details of VI forms, items supplied in the state, aids given out and left over
- Send back filled VI forms with the database filled out to help for verification purpose
- Get and arrange for venues and other logistics to be used during verification and Distribution ceremonies
- Get relevant authorities and stakeholders needed to attend the distribution ceremonies by handing out invitation cards and monitor it to ensure they turn up for the activities as at when due.
- Report writing at each stage of the activities and ensure it reached the appropriate personnel as at when due.
- Get the appropriate name of the relevant ministries, their addresses, Office Location, office room number, email address and phone number.
- Have a minimum qualification of HND/BSc
- Previous experience of working with an NGO
- Have passion for persons with Disabilities
- Be resident in the Capital city of the State in which you are applying for.
- Be able to speak the Native language of the state you are applying for.
- Good use of English Language (both written and Oral)
- Have good knowledge of use Internet and Computer most especially Microsoft Office Packages (Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access e.t.c)
- Possess ability to work under pressure and deliver
- A monthly Stipend of Twenty Thousand Naira Only (N20,000)
- A Laptop Computer throughout the project period
- An Internet Modem and Monthly subscription throughout the project duration
- Monthly Call Credit
- Transportation Expenses up to Eighty thousand Naira throughout the period of V.I form Administration will be paid
- All Expenses paid Training in Ibadan, Nigeria
- Skills Acquisition and Capacity Building
Method of Application
Interested applicants should send a copy of their Curriculum Vitae and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com and also send a Copy to firstname.lastname@example.org Email Subject must state clearly the State in which you are applying for, from the list of States above e.g. “APPLICATION: DSP5 Ondo State Field Officer”. Application closes on the 30th of May, 2014. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please Note that; upon final Selection, Field Officers shall be invited to a week all expense paid Training in Ibadan.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.