Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
Our actions are guided by medical ethics and the principles of neutrality and impartiality.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Provide medical care to patients according to adapted medical knowledge, MSF protocols, values and universal hygiene standards to improve the patients’ health conditions.
Open-ended contract position to be filled and other successful candidate to integrate Daily Worker pool
- Apply medical knowledge and skills to diagnose & provide outpatient medical care to patients/beneficiaries according to adopted and updated medical knowledge, MSF protocols, values and universal hygiene standards to improve health conditions.
- Keep the patient and/or his/her family informed about the treatment and any follow-up required. Ensure patients/relatives have clear understanding of the available treatment options and their possible outcomes.
- Participate in the collection and analysis of epidemiological data, checking its validity and informing the line manager or project coordinator about any problems or complications related to the patient’s illness, medical error and monitors the proper functioning of the department, equipment or material.
- Ensure proper documentation in the patient file including patient history and treatment.
- Attend ongoing training of the medical/paramedical multidisciplinary team in order to optimize the quality of care.
- Knows and ensures all MSF medical protocols are followed and implemented, checking universal precautions are followed at all times and reducing bio-hazard risks and improving infection control. Ensures professional confidentiality is respected.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND CONDITIONS
- Education: Medical Doctor diploma (MB, BS or MB,Bch); full registration with Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCN); current annual practice license
- Experience: 1 year experience minimum as a Medical Doctor or in clinical work; experience in obstetrics and gynaecology, paediatrics, considered an asset.
- Languages: Pidgin and English required additional local languages desirable.
- Computer Literacy: Word and Excel
- Competencies: Commitment to MSF Principles, Behavioural Flexibility, Teamwork and team management
- Work Location: Orogbum and Eliozu Clinics (Port Harcourt, River State, Nigeria).
- Work commitment: 208 hours per month. Availability for shifts up to 12 hours, night/day
Monthly Gross salary of N 392,500
This job is no longer accepting applications.
go to method of application »
- Plans and supervises the day to day procurement activities ensuring an efficient implementation of the procurement procedures in the project or capital, ensuring compliance to MSF standards and protocols, including but not limited to the following:
- Regularly assesses the market for new suppliers to supply the recurrent needs of the mission and seeking products/services that offer the best value for money within the shortest time-frames. Negotiating prices and proposing new suppliers to be validated. Developing and maintaining relations with different suppliers in order to ensure a stable supply of goods or services.
- Submits and collects quotations and tenders following the MSF purchasing policy and providing updates on "item-supplier" data: price, availability, quality, lead time
- Together with the Supply Manager determines the purchase plan according to incoming requests / orders, product availability (shortages/surpluses), delivery times, budgets and other relevant factors
- Coordinates and supervises the purchasers' activity, manages the purchasing budget, and settles advances with the Finance Department
- Supervises, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required
- Performs delegated tasks according to his her specialty and as specified in his/her job description
- Collaborates with Supply Officer in charge of Domestic Transport to prepare orders on time ensuring good quality of packing material.
- Organises, supervises and assists with the loading/unloading of goods from the suppliers, ensuring that they are recorded on the reception documents..
- Gets feedback about the reception of the goods at the final destination.
- Essential technical diploma in Supply Chain Experience
- 1 year in MSF Logistics Department, previous experience in supply chain activities related jobs
- Computer literacy
- Mission language essential.
- Local language desirable.
- Results and Quality Orientation L2
- Teamwork and Cooperation L2
- Behavioural Flexibility L2
- to MSF Principles L2
- Stress Management L3
251,200 NGN (Gross Salary) monthly.
5pm; 25th March, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Motivation Letter preferably to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit in person to:
MSF Spain Office,
Plot 394, Etang O. Obuli Street,
Off Idris Ibrahim Crescent,
Jabi - Abuja.
- Each individual working with MSF does it out of conviction and is ready to uphold the values and principles of MSF.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for Interview Process.
- MSF encourages woman and people with disabilities to apply.
Method of Application
Use the email(s) below to apply.
- Procurement Supervisor - email@example.com