Sourcing Manager - Commercial at British American Tobacco Nigeria
Posted on: 16 May, 2014
Deadline: 26 May, 2014
View Jobs in Manufacturing / Production / FMCG
View All Jobs at British American Tobacco
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
British American Tobacco (www.bat.com) is a market leading, global organisation with a long, established history and a bright and dynamic future. Thanks to our people we have continued to deliver growth and exceed expectations in an increasingly complex and challenging marketplace.
Our aim is to become the leading tobacco company in each of our markets by providing excellent products with confidence and responsibility expected of global consumer brands.
If you have the talent and motivation to help us succeed you’ll find we are equally committed to helping you reach your full potential too.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Number: 4086BR
Purpose of the Job:
Responsible for the execution of “Sourcing to Contract” specifically: Source to contract (sourcing plan, tender, negotiate and contract), Spend and compliance reporting and Commercial risk management.
- The development and execution of sourcing plans for marketing categories
- To ensure the end market category sourcing and contracts meet the business requirements through the execution of the strategic sourcing process.
- To apply global policies, standards and platforms including the agreed Sourcing Management methodology and approach and to deliver robust terms and conditions that manages BAT’s service delivery and commercial risk.
- To lead the process of sourcing execution to ensure delivery of the stakeholder requirements and targets
- To drive and facilitate “source to contract” for specific end market categories. This includes the resolution of any contracts related issues and includes one-off spend items.
- To ensure contracts are completed for all relevant agreements and that SLA ’s (Service Level Agreements) have been agreed with the relevant business owner.
- To manage negotiation and supplier selection within the framework of any category strategies or sourcing strategies.
- To apply the agreed global policies, standards and platforms.
- Provide forecasts on prices and market changes as an input into planning where appropriate.
- To own marketing supply base management building strong internal and external business relationships to ensure the delivery of the category goals.
- To facilitate the creation of supplier SLA ’s and performance check-points. Manage and resolve contractual performance issues and escalate where required.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective partnerships working across geographic boundaries.
- Ability to influence business partners and suppliers as well as the ability to be assertive if required to ensure compliance to contract.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant business discipline
- CIPS Corporate Diploma in Purchasing and/or membership of The Chartered Institute for Purchasing and Supply or equivalent country qualification or membership would be an advantage
- Supplier and contract management experience
- Professional knowledge of procurement principles, corporate regulations, including high order negotiation skills.
- Experience of sourcing at a local level for a period of 2 - 5 years
- Good interpersonal skills and numerical skills
- Thorough knowledge of supply market, supplier capabilities and competitor activity, and expected trends at a local level.
- Proven capability of applying supplier management techniques to ensure contracted benefits are delivered.
- Detailed understanding of financial evaluation and interpretation of supplier’s records and their key cost and business drivers.
- Understanding of the processes, timelines and constraints for the development and delivery of new products.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about British American TobaccoSimilar Jobs
- Area Sales Manager South-West at Henkel
- Job Opportunities at NASCON Allied Industries Plc - Dangote Group
- Jobs at VEEVEE Water Company
- Electro-Mechanical Technician at Promasidor Nigeria
- Job Openings at Adexen Recruitment Agency
- Senior Analyst, Accounting & External Reporting at Mondelez International LLC - Cadbury Nigeria Plc
- Career Opportunities at The Dangote Group
- Guinness Nigeria Plc Recruiting for Graduate Sales Interns