Proportion Construction and Dredge Works Nig. Limited is in the business of construction built on a foundation of hard work and dedication specializing in General Contracting, Construction Management, Design-Build, Consulting and Concrete. We diversify our strategy to span from Agency, Real Estate Development, Road/Rail and Bridge Construction to Dredging but we do so with a higher purpose. We maintain a commitment to integrity, collaboration, wisdom, quality, value, sustainability and safety. From coast-to-coast, we've staked our reputation on our ability to deliver on each of these and pledge to settle for nothing less.
Qualifications and Experience
- A good University Degree or its equivalent in Quantity Survey
- Experience: 10 - 15 years
- Minimum of 7 years related experience in (Projects) Roads and Highways Quantities is a must
- Must be a member of Nigerian Institute of Quantity Surveyors (NIQS and QSRBN)
Required Project Experiences:
- Road/Bridge/Drain Construction
- Dam Construction
- Industrial/Warehouse Construction
- High-rise Office/Residential Buildings
- Commercial Buildings
- Residential Estate Buildings
- System Building Construction
- HV, MV, LV ELV Electrical/Mechanical/other Services Installation
- Aluminum/Carpentry/Woodwork Fabrication
- Price or forecast the cost of different materials needed for projects
- Prepare tender documents, contracts, budgets, bills of quantities and other documentation
- Track changes to the design and/or construction work and adjust budget projections accordingly
- Procure or agree the services of contractors and/or subcontractors who work on the construction of the Projects
- Liaise with the client and other construction professionals, such as Site Managers, Project Managers and Site Engineers
- Prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architect and/or the client
- Must possess a practical and logical mind and a methodical way of thinking
- Identifying document and coordinating with the construction managers to resolve potential issues.
- Analysing information, reporting and recommendations.
- Quantifying and estimating costs for all proposed variations / change orders.
- Participating in all change order negotiations.
- Preparing, as required, cost estimates for each potential change.
- Generating and processing necessary change order documentation.
- Recommending approval/disapproval of change orders to the senior project manager.
- Reviewing the commercial aspects of proposed contract changes.
- Resolving requests for equitable adjustment, contract disputes and contract claims.
- Contract interpretation.
- Management of provisional sum expenditures.
- Monthly cost reporting.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV to: email@example.com with subject as “Senior Quantity Surveyor”