Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition. Our commitment and your drive will meet and help unlock your own potential and push forward Shell’s continuous innovation. We look for ways to reduce the environmental impact of our operations: our global pool of experts and the fact that our employees can tap into that diverse pool of expertise will help our commitment to supply Nigeria and beyond with our oil products. The company's operations are concentrated in the Niger Delta and adjoining shallow offshore areas where it operates in an oil mining lease area of around 30,000 square kilometres.
We are recruiting to fill to vacant position of:
Auto req ID: 6981BR
To diagnose, treat and help prevent diseases and injuries that commonly occur in the general population and provide advice to Company staff and other eligible customers in the area of General/Family medicine in order to ensure the health of staff and other stakeholders.
- Provide prompt in-patient and out-patient care including diagnosis and treatment for various diseases and injuries in General Practice in order to secure the health of staff, dependants and other eligible customers.
- Plan, implement or administer health programs and illness prevention activities to ensure that stakeholders adopt healthy lifestyle and prevent disease.
- Develop policies/guidelines and management protocols for the promotion of best practice in primary healthcare in Company.
- Support HSE activities in the department so as to embed a preventive culture among staff.
- Perform minor surgeries and participate in operative Obstetric and Gynecologic and general surgery procedures when indicated in order to ensure quick return to health by all beneficiaries.
- Coordinate regular health management audits in liaison with the quality management team so as to maintain standard of healthcare.
- Ensure the proper monitoring and reporting of health performance indices for review and for learning.
- Participate in prompt emergency medical response in order to render care and prevent disease and injury.
Key Performance Indicators
- % of Customer Satisfaction Rate
- No of awareness programmes vs Plan
- No of HSE Walkabout done vs plan
- % compliance with legislative requirements
- % of Post – op patients with surgical complications
- No of audits carried out vs plan
- No of Performance Monitoring and Reporting (PMR) generated on time
- Response time to Medical Emergencies
- MBBS with a postgraduate fellowship in Family Medicine/ Specialist General Medical Practice (FWACP, FNCP, FRCGP or equivalent).
- Registration with Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCN) is mandatory but not a pre-requirement to apply.
- Minimum 10 years since MBBS with 5 years in the field of Family Medicine or Specialist General Practice.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale