Junior IT Infrastructure Analyst - Servers and Storage at Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC)
Posted on: 14 March, 2019
Deadline: 21 March, 2019
View Jobs in Power / Energy
View All Jobs at Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company
Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) - Buoyed by a mission to redefine customer experience and be the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed, Ikeja Electricity Distribution Plc (Ikeja Electric), Nigeria's largest power distribution network powers lives and businesses with innovation and unwavering drive for excellence. The company began its new phase of growth and expansion on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
Reporting To: Senior IT Infrastructure Analyst
- To serve as an IT expert participating in a variety of analytical and technical assignments that include Implementation, administration, support and maintenance of a variety of hardware, software, and network products in an information technology infrastructure environment.
- This role is split between providing daily operational support for existing infrastructure and Project based work leading to the development and deployment of new infrastructure services. The ideal candidate should also have the patience to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users.
- His/her primary goal will be to ensure that our technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Ensure all Servers hardware and software are fully operational and take corrective action where necessary
- Administer, configure and manage web servers (IIS, apache, tomcat, jboss)
- Administer MS Exchange mail servers
- Maintain and administer domain controllers with MS Active Directory services
- Monitor, identify, and resolve production capacity, contention, and resource deficiencies
- Support the annual IT Audits in the delivery of required data and procedures to ensure compliance with established corporate general controls and information security policy.
- Install system patches and updates
- Perform hardware and software upgrades
- Document and improve current IT infrastructure, processes and procedures
- Implementation, support, monitoring and maintenance of infrastructure software platforms, including but not limited to server operating systems, messaging and database services, reporting platforms, terminal services, VPN, and all other software-based systems which provide infrastructure underpinning IT Services.
- Develop operational, installation, configuration and upgrade documentation for communication systems, hardware, security, storage, software and other computer related systems.
- Assist in carrying out any duties as requested by the IT Management.
- Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies
- Perform software product installation, configuration management, maintenance, testing and documentation of VMware and Microsoft related products
- Ensure highest level of availability, reliability and performance for virtualization platforms and associated products.
- Carry out any other duty as requested by HOD
- B.Sc in information Technology or Computer Science or any other related field
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in hands-on System Administration role with a reputable organization
- Experience with Cloud and Virtual Technologies e.g. VMware
- Strong knowledge of Windows Active Directory & group policy
- Microsoft and other industry certifications would be considered an asset
- Extensive knowledge of Storage Management and Technologies. Hands-on experience with EMC Storage would be an asset
- Backup Administration & Disaster Recovery (Hands-on knowledge of Networker and/or Veeam is a plus)
- Strong knowledge of configuration, management and maintenance of Windows Server 2012/2016
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2013/2016
- Extensive experience in Windows, Unix and Linux Administration
- Knowledge of load balancing and clustering
- Ability to write Windows scripts
- Communication and Interpersonal Relations
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Managing Resources
- Business Focus
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company career website on careers.ikejaelectric.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Ikeja Electricity Distribution CompanySimilar Jobs
- Solar Project Engineer / Engineering Manager At Daystar Power Group
- B2B Sales Executives at an Energy Company - Workforce Group
- Engineering Jobs at General Electric - Baker Hughes
- Accounts Assistant at DMV Nigeria Limited
- Logistics Assistant at Emel Solar Solutions
- Secretary at Winock Solar Limited
- Sales Intern at Lumos Nigeria
- Technical Support Specialist at Baker Hughes