Security Officer at Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi)
Posted on: 14 March, 2019
Deadline: 27 March, 2019
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at AHNI
Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is a non-profit organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting global health and economic initiatives in Nigeria. AHNi currently has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria.
To strengthen our operations and interventions in the country, we are seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Project: Global Fund-NEI
- Security Officer is to provide support in development and management of safety & security strategy and provide support to the on management of staff safety and security issues which will strive to support AHNI program implementation.
- He/she will work across existing and new programs in the North East and Nigeria.
- Responsible for monitoring situation in operation areas, Daily & weekly security updates to the on incidents, trends and risk mitigation, equally responsible for advising staff and projects of the risks associated with staff working in complex and dynamic security environment primarily in the North East.
Minimum Recruitment Standards
- Degree level or relevant certification in International Relations, Security Management, Risk Management, Humanitarian Work, ex-Military - Nigeria, SSS or Nigeria Police
- A formal security qualification or security management training work experience in complex environments (minimal 5 years)
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi ethnic team experience and knowledge of personnel and organizational security issues, threat/risk assessment, security management and security awareness in complex context.
- 3 years working with an INGO or development organization preferred
- Experience in incident reporting, incident mapping, compilation of security reports and assessments
- Experience in training and coaching national staff in safety and security.
- Technical competency and training experience in field-based communication systems, Thuraya and internet systems.
- Sound knowledge of humanitarian principals of humanity, neutrality, impartiality and independence
- Nigeria experience and understanding local languages an advantage.
- Strong report writing, analytical and interpersonal skills, competency in internet and Microsoft office systems including word, excel, power point, access and other database mapping systems.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their suitability statement (Application) and Resume (CV) as a single MS Word document to: AHNi-ProgMgtJobs@ahnigeria.org
- Only applications sent electronically (i.e by e-mail) with the job title and location clearly indicated as the subject of the email will be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AHNi does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about AHNISimilar Jobs
- Latest Vacancies at INTERSOS Nigeria
- Fresh Vacancies at The International Organization for Migration (IOM)
- Program Interns at PACT Nigeria
- Programme Monitoring Evaluation and Learning (PMEL) Officer at Solidaridad West Africa
- Latest Jobs at Palladium Group
- Project Management Specialist - Maternal and Child Health at the United States Agency for International Development
- Capacity Development Officer at PACT Nigeria
- Program Officer, Fortification Quality Assessment at the Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN)