Male Pharmacy Technician at Lily Hospitals Limited
Posted on: 14 March, 2019
Deadline: 18 March, 2019
View Jobs in Healthcare / Medical
View All Jobs at Lily Hospitals Limited
Lily Hospitals Limited, established since 1986 remains one of the foremost hospitals in Nigeria and within the South-South region of the country. It is the first private hospital in Nigeria to achieve ISO 9001:2000 quality management system certification from the Standards Organization of Nigeria (SON) and was also recently accredited with COHSASA (Council for Health Service Accreditation of Southern Africa) Certificate.
We are also consistently committed to high standards; continuous improvement, service excellence, organizational citizenship, and outstanding work ethics. Currently running residency training programs in family medicine and radiology. Lily Hospitals is also involved in housemanship training, internship training in Pharmacy and Radiology. We have multiple locations in Benin, Warri, Okuokoko etc.
Location: Warri, Delta
Job Category: Junior level
- The Pharmacy technician assists the pharmacist in providing medication and other health care products to patients.
Key Result Areas (KRA)
- Organize medications for pharmacist to dispense by reading medication orders and prescriptions, preparing labels, calculating quantities, assembling intravenous solutions and other pharmaceutical therapies.
- Receive written prescription or refill request from patients and verify that information is complete and accurate.
- Deliver appropriate medications and pharmaceutical supplies in the right quantity to patients, nursing stations or surgery.
- Verify prescription information and dosage.
- Prepare the prescription labels, select the type of prescription container, and affix the prescription and auxiliary labels to the container.
- Maintain pharmacy inventory by checking pharmaceutical stock to determine inventory level, ensuring First-in-First-Out (FIFO) system is strictly adhered to, anticipating needed medications and supplies, placing and expediting orders, verifying receipt and removing outdated drugs.
- Order, label, and count stock of medications, chemicals, and supplies, and enter inventory data into computer.
- Receive and store incoming supplies, verify quantities against invoices, and inform pharmacist of stock needs and shortages.
- Minimum academic qualification of Pharmacy Technician Certificate.
- 2 to 3 years relevant work experience in the Health sector.
- Membership of relevant professional bodies such as the Pharmacists Council of Nigeria (PCN)
- Knowledge of the Microsoft office package.
- Outstanding communication (oral and written), interpersonal and people management skills.
Salary in line with industry standard
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their word doc CV only to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title as the subject of the mail.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Lily Hospitals LimitedSimilar Jobs
- Medical Doctor at Green Field Health Management Ltd
- Consultant Neurologist at Cedarcrest Hospitals Limited
- Jobs at The Olive Multi-Specialist Hospital
- Accountant at St. Kizito Clinic
- Medical Officer at Paelon Memorial Hospital
- Staff Nurses and Midwives at St. Christopher's Hospital for Children
- Pharmacy Assistant at The Limi Hospital Ltd
- Admin Officer at St. Kizito Clinic