Global Peace Foundation is an international NGO spanning 15 countries. The Abuja based Nigeria chapter (www.globalpeace.org.ng) is currently seeking a dynamic and experienced Communications Manager to serve as the chief spokesperson, and help to increase the profile of the organization; as well as broaden the reach and give depth to Programme impact and Initiatives for this international organization. The position reports directly to the Country Director – Nigeria and works closely with an international team for coordination, coaching and professional development. This presents an opportunity for a talented and creative mid to senior level Executive to build on existing strategies and relationships as well as develop and implement new ones.
Overview of Responsibilities
- With the Country Director and other Managers develop a communications strategy that aligns with the organization’s Vision, Mission and Values, as well as broaden the reach and deepen the impact of Programmes
- Lead communications for key Initiatives and Events
- Production of digital and non-digital communications material
- Advertising, Branding and Marketing
- Team Development/Management
EDUCATION, NECESSARY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- HND/Bachelors Degree in Mass Media/Journalism/Communications Advertising & Marketing, Social Sciences or a related subject
- Minimum 5 years in a similar role at management level
- Ability to work independently
- Outstanding level of written and spoken English
- Demonstrated ability to use Information Communication Technologies (ICT)
- Excellent presentation skills
- Hands on experience of designing and executing Social Media strategies campaigns including community participation campaigns
- Attention to detail
- Discretion and confidentiality
- Hands on experience and proven track record in all aspects of Communications work including dealing with the Press, advertising and marketing
- Multi-lingual Skills: French and or Hausa and Ibo and Yoruba (Wazobia)
- Journalism experience
- Previous experience of working in an NGO or International Organization
- Experienced and competent Driver with a current Licence
KEY COMPETENCIES & CHARACTERISTICS
- Team player interested and keen to work with a high-level, international team and benefit from professional development and coaching.
- Outgoing personality and excellent social skills in interactions with stakeholders and the press
- Attention to detail, and a prompt follow-through.
- An effective collaborator, mentor and coach with leadership skills
- An effective communications planner and strategist
- A good all round Communicator with Journalism skills and the ability to write a newsworthy story
- Ability to meet established deadlines and manage personal to-do list with effective, efficient action
- Ability to make effective use of interactive media channels such as the Phone, Website and Social Media, Emails etc.
- Ability to produce Newsletters, Reports, Position Papers, Videos and campaign material
- Website editing skills
- Ability to create fundraising campaigns
Method of Application
Qualified and interested Candidates should Include an Application Letter on the first page of the CV and address it to
Grass-Root Systems Limited,
The file name should be “your names” and the words “CV for GPFN Communications Manager”, e.g. Bill Clinton CV for GPFN Communications Manager
To upload your CV see below where it says "APPLY FOR THIS POSITION"
DO NOT PHYSICALLY DELIVER YOUR APPLICATION TO THE OFFICE, ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED
Your application letter should mention how this vacancy became known to you. Please review the International and Nigerian GPF Websites mentioned above as well as www.leadin.org and provide answers to the following questions:
- Why you are the best fit for the position, giving the top three factors that make you an outstanding candidate for this position?
- Give examples of how your competencies can successfully accomplish the goals and requirements of the position?
- Why you are passionate about the position (not just the organization) as well as the initiatives and the organization?
Closing date: 25th May, 2014. However, we will keep searching until we find the right person. Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.