At APM Terminals, we are a team of over 20,000 employees spread across more than 60 countries united by a passion to provide our expertise in port operations and container management services. By providing the expertise and port infrastructure essential to world trade, we actively support the advancement of the societies around us, enabling local economies to unlock their potential and build an even stronger global community. Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to experience different cultures and make friends all over the world. You’ll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any of our offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM Terminals, the world is your workplace.
APM Terminals is an independent business unit within the Danish A.P. Moller-Maersk Group – a Global Fortune 500 company with over 120,000 employees and offices in 130 countries with global growth opportunities in a range of fields from shipping and energy to our offshore and retail sectors - Join us to achieve even your most ambitious career goals!
This position offers an outstanding opportunity to join a professional team at APM Terminals and contribute to the success of the organization
• Ascertain the availability of the equipments/man power for the shift.
• Planning made for the required equipment and manpower including outsourced for the shift.
• Ensure that the planned equipments and manpower are allocated at the start of the shift without delays to their respective point of work according to operational requirements.
• Fill out the Daily equipment point of work sheet and have them signed out by the operators prior proceeding to their place of work.
• Constantly monitor the operations in order to maximize the equipment utilization.
• Ensure the EQUIPMENT DASHBOARD is always updated.
• Ensure that the companies safety policy is adhered to.
• Report temporary break downs of the equipment to the technical and follow up on the upcoming time to reduce delays.
• Reassign equipments in case of break downs.
• Initiate good communication and act as a focal point between the operators / operations and planning.
• Deal with the operators with a positive and motivating approach to have the maximum productivity during the shift.
• Communicate deviations from initial planning is any to operations and planning on time.
• Ensure that the outside haulers are attended to on time to have the best trucks turnaround from the yard while receiving containers and delivery of imports and ICDS’s.
• Prepare the requirements/allocations for the next shift within the deadlines stipulated.
• Provide additional 1 or 2 machines as a contingency to assist replace machines in case of break down during the shift.
Performs other duties as required.
• Ensure that forecasts are made for the equipment / outsourced are made on time for the next shift
• Ensure that the ordered equipments / outsourced are available at the start of shift which includes their deployments to the respective point of work on time to have the shift commenced without any delays
• Liaise with the technical department in terms of equipment available at the start of the shift
• Report to the technical for any break down of equipment during the shift
• Liaise with the technical for any planned maintenance of the equipments after discussing the requirements with the operations
• Should be at all times “ Hands On “ on the field in the operation via RADIO
Education: A good University Degree.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.