Pivot GIS Limited, initially a joint venture between Pivot Engineering Company Limited (PECL) and GIS Inc. on 50-50 basis, was founded in 2004. GIS, Inc. was founded in 1948 in USA by Mr. Clyde Pregeant, Snr. with core business focus on Onshore Construction, Offshore Maintenance & Brownfield activities in the Gulf of Mexico region, USA. GIS is based in Galliano, Louisiana.
PECL is an indigenous EPC contractor with a reputation in the power and energy services industries in Nigeria, with an annual turnover of Three to Five Billion Naira in the past three years. PECL was founded in 1988, as a subsidiary of the Honeywell Group (the group has evolved into a diversified enterprise with businesses across major sectors of the Nigeria economy, namely: foods & agro-allied; real estate, infrastructure, energy and services. Through additional portfolio investments, the Group is also a significant provider of capital to other sectors of Nigeria’s economy including financial services, telecommunications and security management) and chaired by Dr. Oba Otudeko (CFR).
Required Qualification/Skill Level:
- Minimum of OND in Electrical/Physics/Electronics Engineering or City & Guilds Advanced Diploma in Electrical Installation.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working as an Instrument Technician in process plant environment.
- Excellent organisational skills, able to prioritise and work on own initiative.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels. Proven instrument experience in oil & gas environment especially in hazardous area.
- Good computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must have the ability to work un-supervised.
- Team player with good written and oral communication skills
Brief Job Description:
- Carry out instrument facilities preventive maintenance and corrective maintenance activities within NLNG facilities in a safe timely and competent manner.
- Ensure maintenance activities are undertaken as at when due and aligned with NLNG safety, environmental and equipment reliability goals.
- Previous experience in instrumentation in the Oil and Gas industry.
- Take lead and investigate issues, preparing and presenting technical reports upon which engineering judgement will be made.
- Investigate complex technical problems relating to Instrument Equipment, identify solution and act to return Equipment to normal operating service with minimal supervision.
- Prepare and present technical reports and maintain records of maintenance activities executed.
- Commitment to outstanding HSE performance, compliance with maintenance plan, policies and procedures, maintaining defect and planned preventative maintenance workload to plan and deliver most efficient use of spares and stock items.
Method of Application
All interested candidates who have the required qualifications are advice to forward their formal application letter with all relevant credentials