Pivot GIS Limited, initially a joint venture between Pivot Engineering Company Limited (PECL) and GIS Inc. on 50-50 basis, was founded in 2004. GIS, Inc. was founded in 1948 in USA by Mr. Clyde Pregeant, Snr. with core business focus on Onshore Construction, Offshore Maintenance & Brownfield activities in the Gulf of Mexico region, USA. GIS is based in Galliano, Louisiana.
PECL is an indigenous EPC contractor with a reputation in the power and energy services industries in Nigeria, with an annual turnover of Three to Five Billion Naira in the past three years. PECL was founded in 1988, as a subsidiary of the Honeywell Group (the group has evolved into a diversified enterprise with businesses across major sectors of the Nigeria economy, namely: foods & agro-allied; real estate, infrastructure, energy and services. Through additional portfolio investments, the Group is also a significant provider of capital to other sectors of Nigeria’s economy including financial services, telecommunications and security management) and chaired by Dr. Oba Otudeko (CFR).
Qualified candidates should have the following:
- BSc or HND in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent + computer literacy.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Mechanical Technician in an Oil & Gas Industry.
- Must be proficient in computer application programs like Excel, MS word, and MS Project and experience in computer based maintenance management systems will be an added advantage.
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects. Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule.
- The Mechanical Supervisor is responsible for managing the maintenance activities under the guidance of the Senior Mechanical Supervisor, directing and supervising a team of personnel.
- Ensure the use of correct spare and materials to maintain the plant in the prescribed condition;
- Ensuring best engineering practices;
- Optimum use of manpower, interface and coordination with support service providing team.
- Ensuring the implementation of safety procedures & policies, production reliability & efficiency.
- Possess proven wealth of experience in gas plant and its related equipment maintenance and executes the assigned work in the most efficient manner; working towards the goals/targets and vision set by the client.
Basic Functions and Principal Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all mechanical maintenance activities are performed according to established engineering specifications and in the most effective manner.
- Responsible for directing and supervising the activities of assigned personnel involved in the maintenance of Gas Turbines / modern combined cycle power station and its related equipment.
- Ensure that machinery and equipment related to his section is properly maintained, tested, verified and details documented as per company procedures.
- Supervise Work Pack preparation and allocate duties and responsibilities to subordinates to ensure maximum work efficiency and productivity.
- Ensure Work Permit is available for workers concerned and ensure work done is in accordance with the work permits.
- Update the PACER CMMS in the system which gives a continuous update of the progress of the work being executed on a daily basis. Maintains records of work performed and prepares a variety of reports.
- Supervise preventive, breakdown and planned overhaul of assigned mechanical equipment. Must be able to diagnose and repair a major breakdown and to attend to the defects of the operating plant acting as a vital line between the work force and the Senior Mechanical Supervisor in charge. Brings to the notice of concerned engineer
- defects of the operating equipment when not in compliance with the manufacturing specifications.
- Ensure implementation of established safety procedures to be followed for the safeguard of employees and equipment at all times within the plant.
- Assume the duties of other Mechanical Supervisors in the areas of their responsibility, in their absences
Technical / Business Skills:
- Possess the ability to read and understand engineering drawings, specifications and standards.
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of Mechanical and related HSE manuals, policies, work instructions and procedures.
- Must have knowledge of Mechanical engineering and relevant experience required to support Mechanical maintenance activities through execution, monitoring and control
- on accordance with NLNG Mechanical safety rules and work instructions.
Interpersonal Skills & Competencies:
- Analytical Thinking
- Compliant To Safety, Quality & Environment
- Technical Expertise & Development
- Teamwork & Cooperation
- Commercial Awareness
Method of Application
All interested candidates who have the required qualifications are advice to forward their formal application letter with all relevant credentials