Dizengoff W A (Nigeria) limited is a highly respected multi divisional company established for almost 60 years in Nigeria, and is a subsidiary of a $multi-million UK Group operating across Europe, the Middle East & Africa. The Company enjoys, and passionately retains, an outstanding and uncompromising reputation for reliability and integrity towards its customers, suppliers, financial institutions, statutory agencies, shareholders and employees. It competes in both the public and private sectors at both national and state levels primarily in the provision of complex end-to-end solutions, products and services, in partnership with world class OEMs, to the oil & gas, agriculture, telecommunications, financial services and blue chip sector as well as to state and federal government clients nationwide. It's portfolio of brands includes Massey Ferguson tractors, Zimmatic and Netafim Irrigation systems, Baldan Agro Implements, Jacto, its own brand of turnkey greenhouse solutions, Motorola Communications Solutions, RAD, PaloAlto Networks and Pelco CCTV Surveillance equipment.
Following the retirement of the previous incumbent the Company is now seeking to recruit an IPM
qualified, experienced, well presented, highly self-motivated, proven HR professional well versed in
modern and progressive HR Policies, Procedures& Practices. Given our employees ultimately determine
the success of our enterprise this is an important position necessary for the Company to achieve its
aspirations to profitably grow its portfolio of businesses.
The HRO will have the responsibility of for planning, administrating and coordinating all human resource related tasks, issues and matters in compliance with exco HR Strategic & Operating Plan, the Company's formal HR Policies & Procedures and the relevant statutory provisions relating to employment in Nigeria. The position is based in Lagos and shall include periodic travel throughout the country to serve our Sales & Service branch offices.
The responsibilities for this position shall include but is not limited to the following:'
- Ensures design, updating and implementation of the Company's HR Policies & Procedures
- Ensure that HR Policies & Procedures comply with Labour Act and other statutory provisions, and are compatible with existing and new formal Union Agreements.
- Conduct industry wide remuneration and benefits surveys, and progressive HR policies.
- Administration of all local recruitment and termination procedures.
- Systematic monitoring of employee career development at all levels:
- Recruitment, Reference Checks, Training, Performance Appraisals, Promotions/Demotions and interdepartmental job transfers in line with the Company's HR Policies & Procedures.
- Within 6 months of Job Commencement the incoming HRO shall be capable to design, establish and implement a new Companywide Job Position Grading Structure; a new Performance Appraisal
- Policy & Procedure within 6 months of commencement; and a new "first day" Job Orientation Programmes for all new recruits.
- Fully maintain historical human resource records including the Confidential Personnel file for each individual employee on timely and accurate up-to-date basis.
- Provide Finance Department accurate data for payroll processing each month as well as for new recruits. (The Monthly Payroll Schedule should be signed off by the HRO & F/C each Month.
- This shall include payment of remuneration& benefits, PAYE returns, all insurances, and PFA contributions.)
- Monitor HMO performance including addressing any service provider issues and possible employee complaints.
- Administer and oversee the disciplinary &grievance resolution and Policy & Procedure of the company.
- The HRO shall serve as the "secretary" to any Disciplinary Panel as established by the Directors on a case by case basis to ensure full compliance with HR Policies & Procedures as well as "to ensure fair and just" equable due process and outcomes in such matters.
- Support line managers and supervisors on all administrative HR matters in their unit or department
- Prepare and submit the Monthly HR Report (headcount, manpower costs, changes, etc.)
- Represent the HR function on EXCO.
- Assign routine tasks to subordinate staff.
Qualification, Skills and Experience:
- University Degree (BSc or HND) in social Sciences from a recognised Higher Institution shall be mandatory
- Membership of the Nigerian Institute of Personnel Management (IPM) shall be mandatory.
- Membership of similar international bodies shall be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years' relevant experience with practical knowledge in Human Resource
- Management within a commercial enterprise of at least 50 employees shall be mandatory.
- In addition demonstrable job stability and a progressive career record will be viewed as a credible attribute in applicants.
- Hands on experience as first line point of contact with recognised Trade Unions and Staff Associations shall be highly desirable.
- Excellent communication (oral & written), presentation and interpersonal skills, with added proficiency in MS Office applications and the new social media shall be essential.
- Applicants possessing an appreciation of pragmatic commercial enterprise operations, challenges and conflicts of priorities shall be an advantage.
- Candidates demonstrating proven abilities to take initiative shall be highly desirable, as will be an appreciation that modern commercial organisations now need a balance of structure and flexibility in order to successfully compete in an ever changing competitive landscape will be of advantage.
- Specific category knowledge in commercial enterprises serving agricultural, oil & gas, telecommunication, manufacturing and or financial services sectors while not essential may be of advantage.
- A proven team player with effective leadership and conflict management skills is essential.
- Given the importance of this position a rigorous selection process is being adopted.
- The Company operate strict non discrimatory recruitment policies covering gender, age, religion, tribe and towards the disabled and recruits solely on the basis of merit, ability and qualifications.
Method of Application
All applicants are encouraged to study carefully the requirements of the role given it is in the mutual interest of the appointee and the Company that the best match be achieved. Speculative, superficial and or incomplete applications will be immediately rejected. The Company reserves the right to contact only applicants selected for interview.
All Applications should be sent no later than 7 days from the date of this publication to email@example.com with the candidate name, job title and code stated in the subject line of the email. Each application must include the Applicant's detailed resume, with copies of Qualifications and Professional Accreditations attached, plus full contact details including e-mail address and GSM number, and a list of a minimum of 3 referees, along with a comprehensive cover letter indicating in full your current annual remuneration and benefits, and your personal career aspirations. The ideal applicant will be able to describe in detail the value that they are confident they can bring to the Company.