Graduate Account Assistant at Chemonics International Inc.
Posted on: 13 May, 2014
Deadline: 21 May, 2014
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Chemonics International
Chemonics International seeks qualified candidates for a support position for a five-year civil society project funded by the US Agency for International Development (USAID). The position will be based in Abuja.
- The Accounts Assistant's primary responsibilities are making payments, bank reconciliations, filing, photocopying, scanning and making cash/check deposits to the bank.
- The individual will assist the Accountant with a variety of administrative and accounting tasks as directed.
Specific Duties of the Accounts Assistant
- Classify receipts and disbursements in accordance with the Chemonics Chart of
- Accounts, and report project transactions using the project accounting software.
- Preparing monthly bank reconciliations, issuing checks for approved payments, making e-payment, calculating and paying the required taxes and social insurance to the proper authorities.
- Ensure that proper documentation per the policy manual is in place for each transaction before issuing payments.
- Review local expense reports for compliance with USAID and Federal Travel
- Regulations before reimbursement or travel advance reconciliation.
- Monitor and make necessary efforts to reduce accounts receivable and accounts payable balances.
- Ensure that the Chemonics accounting voucher checklist and procurement documentation checklist are followed before payments are made to vendors and staff in accordance with USAID regulations and Chemonics procurement policies and procedures.
- Maintain detailed and comprehensive accounting files for all project expenditures including but not limited to procurement, payroll, bank reconciliations, petty cash and other ad hoc reports; ensuring that, at all times, financial records are kept in accordance with Chemonics policy and procedures as set forth in its Field Accounting Manual (including scanning, photocopying, printing of accounting documents).
- Conduct any other assignments as requested by supervisor.
- S/he must have a minimum ofa bachelor's degree in Accounting, Auditing and Finance, or Business Administration.
- One year post NYSC experience
- S/he must have thorough knowledge and understanding of accounting principles, theories, practices, and terminology
- S/he must have excellent communication skills, including interpersonal skills, and should communicate well in written and oral English.
- S/he must have basic knowledge of Microsoft programs (i.e. Excel, Word).
- S/he must be able to pay attention to details
- S/he must be tolerant, respectful, and sensitive to Nigeria's culture.
- S/he must have the ability to work in a civil and cordial manner with staff and various stakeholders of the Project
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates snoeld forward their full CV detailing all relevant professional experience and achievements, a cover letter detailing qualifications in relation to the position, and three professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Chemonics InternationalSimilar Jobs
- Job Opportunities at The United Nations World Food Programme
- Field Enumerator (Baseline Survey) at Mercy Corps Nigeria
- Senior Advisor at Marie Stopes International
- Project Manager-STEER at Save the Children Nigeria
- Fresh Jobs at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
- Latest Jobs at PYXERA Global
- Human Resource Officer at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Emergency Coordinator at Malteser International