A Reputable Hospital based on the mainland of Lagos is currently looking for Registered Nurses and Radiographer/Sonographer
Registered Nurse Job Purpose: Promotes and restores patients' health by completing the nursing process; collaborating with physicians and multidisciplinary team members; providing physical and psychological support to patients, friends, and families; supervising assigned team members.
Registered Nurse Job Duties:
- Identifies patient care requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand care requirements.
- Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends, and families.
- Promotes patient's independence by establishing patient care goals; teaching patient, friends, and family to understand condition, medications, and self-care skills; answering questions.
- Resolves patient problems and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations; calling for assistance from health care support personnel.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- Maintains continuity among nursing teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential. title: nurse, registered
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Must be a Registered Nurse with license
- Single qualification preferred
- Clinical Skills
- Bedside Manner
- Infection Control
- Nursing Skills
- Health Promotion and Maintenance
go to method of application »
- Operates radiologic equipment to produce radiographs x rays of body for diagnostic purposes
- Use ultrasound machines to view and interpret images with sound waves for the diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions
- Perform accurate ultrasound tests of a particular area of the body, based on a physician's order
- Positions patient on examining table adjusts immobilization devices to obtain optimum views of specified area of body requested by physician
- Explains procedures to patient to reduce anxieties obtain patient cooperation
- Moves x-ray equipment into specified position as well as adjusts equipment controls to set exposure factors, like time plus distance
- At least 3-5 years experience operating in similar role
- Health related educational background
Method of Application
Apply in person with your CV to
King Solomon Hospital
4b, Bola Street,
No later than Friday 30th May 2014.