Provost at Kogi State College of Education
Posted on: 12 May, 2014
Deadline: 17 June, 2014
View Jobs in Education / Teaching
View All Jobs at Kogi State College of Education
Kogi State College of Education - Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the post Provost in Kogi State College of Education, Ankpa.
- The Provost is the Chief Executive of the College.
- He/she is expected to provide the required academic, administrative and professional leadership for the College in executing the broad policies laid down by the Governing Council for the achievement of the objectives for which the College was established.
- He/she shall foster good rapport with the relevant organs of the State Government, National Commission for Colleges of Education (N. C. C. E.), Tertiary Education Trust fund and other professional bodies that could lead to the ultimate attainment of the objectives of the College as a centre of excellence for teaching, learning and research.
- Possess a minimum of a Master Degree from a recognised University iii one of the subjects offered in me College or in a related field.
- The possession of Ph.D is an added advantage.
- Possess a professional teaching qualification (minimum; Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE) or Postgraduate Diploma in Education PGDE)).
- Have an unbroken service of teaching and research for a minimum of fifteen (15) years post qualification cognate experience and some experience in top administrative posts in an institution of higher learning.
- He must not be below the rank of Chief Lecturer in a College of Education, a Reader or an Associate Professor in a university or equivalent Institution for at least ten (10) years.
- Show ability to attract funds/research grants.
- Be proficient in ICT packages and capabilities.
- Have good conduct, discipline, dedication, resourcefulness and be able to commend respect and loyalty of the members of staff and students of the College and meet the demands of teacher education for the 21st century.
- Be somebody who is not likely to foster personal, ethnic, religious or other sectional interests.
Terms of Appointment
- The Provost enjoys a Consolidated Salary Structure and other fringe benefits an applicable to Provosts of Colleges of Education in Nigeria.
- Other conditions are as prodded in the College Edict.
Method of Application
Applicants are requested to submit applications with twenty (20) copies of their curriculum vitae containing the details in the following order:
- Full names, surname underlined
- Date and place of birth
- Local government and state of origin
- Number of children, indicating the age of each
- Current postal address, email and telephone numbers
- Permanent home address
- Educational institutions attended with dates
- Academic and professional qualifications and distinctions with dater
- Membership of professional associations/bodies
- Work experience in chronological order
- Present employment and salary grade level
- Extra curricular activities
- List of publications
- Names and addresses of three (3) referees, one of whom must be the present employer,
Application should be forwarded to:
The Registrar/Secretary to Council,
Kogi State College of Education,
P. M. B. 1033,
Note: In addition, candidates are required to ask their referees to send confidential report on them to the above address before the closing date. Only shortllsted candidates will be Invited for Interview.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Kogi State College of EducationSimilar Jobs
- Registrar at Lagos State Polytechnic (LASPOTECH)
- Fresh Jobs at Nwafor Orizu College of Education, Nsugbe
- Latest Vacancies at the Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil
- Project Managers at Redeemers University
- Latest Jobs at Lagos Business School
- Job Vacancies in the Educational Sector - Chelis Education Consult Limited
- Igbajo Polytechnic Latest Job Recruitment
- Art and Design Tutors at Noble Hall Leadership Academy