FMC Technologies, Inc. (NYSE:FTI) is a leading global provider of technology solutions for the energy industry. Named by FORTUNE® Magazine as the World's Most Admired Oil and Gas Equipment, Service Company in 2012, the Company has approximately 18,400 employees and operates 30 production facilities in 16 countries. FMC Technologies designs, manufactures and services technologically sophisticated systems and products such as subsea production and processing systems, surface wellhead systems, high pressure fluid control equipment, measurement solutions, and marine loading systems for the oil and gas industry.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position of:
Location: Onne, Nigeria
- Supports the Nigeria Operations Team by monitoring and scheduling the flow of materials, components, assemblies or inventory through assigned projects.
- Plans the manufacturing or purchasing of assigned parts, components or materials to meetproject related schedules.
- Create and maintains service orders for each project as required. Add operations; update S/O dates as needed, keeps up with deliverables, change SAP status of S/O as required. Determines the sources of the components (to make or to buy) andenters into the system to notify manufacturing and purchasing of project demands.
- Update the shortage report for assigned projects to ensure that parts are produced or purchased as needed and in the proper sequence.
- Avoid creation ofexcess inventory and makes recommendations for substitutions, where possible, to use and to reduce existing inventory.
- Attend weekly team meetings being prepared to advise status of critical items, run SAP shortage reports to monitor partsdeliverables, and assist project team on prioritizing work. Identifies potential problems with meeting requested deadlines and troubleshoots shop and purchase order problems and facilitates resolution.
- Request Engineering to download partnumbers in IMAN & SAP as needed. Source parts currently not in system and request to add to SAP plant.
- Provide cost, lead time, and stock status for parts that are needed for existing / upcoming projects.
- Release planned orders for“make parts”.
- Assist as required, to track down missing parts or to make part substitutions.
- BA or BS in Business Administration, Procurement, Operations, Engineering or related field or equivalent work experience preferred.
- APICS certification or specialty training in materials / production control area desired.
- Must possess athorough knowledge of typical procurement and manufacturing processes
- Must be able to read / understand manufacturing routings.
- At least two years experience in materials planning, scheduling and/or purchasing systems.
- Mustdemonstrate strong communication and negotiation skills in order to interact with suppliers and co-workers in team based environment.
- Must demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must demonstrate strong organization and planningskills.
- Must understand BOM structures and supply/demand information related to orders.
- Must be able to be an independent self-starter to accomplish daily tasks and goals.
- PC skills including proficiency in spreadsheet and wordprocessing applications required.
- SAP or similar mainframe / MRP system experience or experience in a similar position preferred.
- Must have an understanding of machining, manufacturing and procurement processes. Technical orengineering experience preferred.
- A candidate that is mechanically inclined is desired.
go to method of application »
Location: Ikoyi, Nigeria
Department: Finance and Accounting
- Works with broad discretion on assignments of varying levels of difficulty.
- Relies on experience and judgment to accomplish goals.
- Responsible for supervising and developing employees.
- Assist in overseeing the cost control systems,interprets cost trends and develops analysis to identify trends/issues.
- Monitors compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Monitors internal controls and update SOX process narratives as key controls change and/or business changes.
- Identifies management information needs, presents findings and makesrecommendations regarding appropriate actions.
- Reviews month end financial statements prior to submittal to controller.
- Monitors and reports where necessary multiple FMC Technologies Nigeria entities; Surface, Subsea, Headquarters,etc., financial reports.
- Reviews month end closing journal vouchers, schedules, FRS (internal financial statements), cost center reports, and other financial statements to look for abnormal trends/entries.
- Develop and implementaccounting systems, methods, procedures and internal controls.
- Ensure accounting staff are carrying out GL reconciliation timely and issues > 90 days are documented properly.
- Reviews complex monthly, quarterly, and annual internal andexternal reports published to various groups.
- Participates in the compilation and analysis of the annual budget.
- Ensure department remains compliant with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and corporate financial policiesand procedures.
- Search for opportunities to reduce operating costs and improve financial performance; such as working capital, controllable expenses.
- Assist operational management and other departments of the Company with financialstatement analysis and other inquiries. Provide formal financial training to other groups in the organization.
- Proactively review established accounting practices and procedures. Implement changes where applicable in order to enhance thedepartment’s efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Participates in project quote reviews for potential new business opportunities.
- Liaison for internal and external audits.
- Minimum MBA or M.Sc (Finance or Business), ACA or ACCA, B. SC in Accounting, Finance and Business Administration or Economics
- Experience at a senior level in a major Accounting firm is a plus.
- A professional certification (e.g. ACA, ACCA)is preferred.
- Modern experience in business process creation/standardization to drive efficiencies throughout the organization.
- Minimum seven (8) years of related experience is required to have knowledge of finance, performance measurement and Accounting.
- A very high level of analytical ability is required due to the complexity of the job requirements.
- A high level of communication skills is required to interact with all levels of management, to lead teams and todirect the work of others.
- A substantial level of innovation is required to develop management tools, models, systems and processes
go to method of application »
Department: Finance and Accounting
Location: Onne, Nigeria
- Performs accounting duties of a complex nature requiring advanced professional experience, knowledge and competency in accounting principles and practices.
- Responsible for quotation, budgeting, invoicing, cost control and reporting fordedicated projects in Customer Support.
- Assist Project Manager in financial issues and be involved in decisions of financial characters
- Understand the fundamentals of project financial management using WBS structures as profit and cost collectors.
- Create and maintain project networks to track and plan office direct labor and material costs.
- Create and maintain projectbilling milestones.
- Set-up billing sales order documents based on the payment terms and schedule defined in the customer contract
- Create and maintain project billing plans
- Understanding of the difference in commercial terms (CostPlus, Unit Rate, & Fixed Price)
- Create project specific and customer specific pricing agreements for reimbursable scopes of work
- Create and analyze debit memo requests for earned reimbursable scopes of work
- Create and analyze billingrequest documents for earned fixed price milestones.
- Assist the Project Manager in managing project AR including obtaining supporting documentation and following up with customer AP personnel to ensure that invoices are paid within theterms defined on the contract
- Analyze project actual, committed and planned costs at a very detailed basis to assess what the appropriate EAC should be on a monthly period basis.
- Analyze production progress reports to understand actualprogress and areas where commercial deliveries in the future could be at risk.
- Understand the potential magnitude of remaining scopes of work based on current and past performances (Productivity).
- Assist the Project Manager in theidentification, assessment, and development and management of mitigation plans for project risks.
- Understand project scopes of work and identify when project scope changes have occurred
- Assist in the development and execution ofinternal and external project changes.
- Analyze actual cost and understand if improper cost allocations have occurred.
- Challenge product Work Package Leads on financial and delivery data if necessary.
- Responsible for internalbudgeting on projects in accordance with internal procedures
- Tasks related to period-end-closing
- Monthly internal reporting – Cash flow forecast, project financials, WIP etc
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance and Business Administration. ACA or ACCA preferred.
- 8 years or more of related professional accounting experience.
- Computer skills with knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and financialanalysis software.
- Experience in implementing accounting systems, methods, procedures and controls.
- Strong knowledge of policies and procedures, organizational structure, and relationships between functional areas.
- Demonstratesability to work independently and to solve non-recurring problems. Demonstrates leadership ability and proficiency in mentoring, thinking creatively, and project planning. Demonstrates ability to effectively communicate information toappropriate parties
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should click on preferred job title to apply online.