Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa's financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Effective risk management is fundamental to the business activities of the Standard Bank Group (group). While we remain committed to increasing shareholder value by developing and growing our business within our broad determined risk appetite, we are mindful of achieving this objective in line with the interests of all stakeholders.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position of:
• To assist Retail Bank in achieving their asset growth targets by providing effective value adding risk management, whilst maintaining a quality-lending book, through judicious and effective management thereof.
• The delivery of a professional service to the business units, by assessing and evaluating credit facilities (new and/or existing) based on sound credit & financial principles which supports the minimising of risk to the bank.
• Evaluates whether Personal Banking Credit proposals meet sound business criteria and credit risk falls within acceptable parameters, approve and recommends appropriate credit facilities including terms or conditions of facilities.
• Ensure accuracy and reliability of approvals within advised DA, or referrals to higher authority, on personal credit applications reviewed
• Add value to the credit approval process by guiding originators as appropriate to reduce reworks on applications to < 10%.
• Ensure timely and quality credit assessment and decision are made.
• Manage adherence to the service level agreement that have been concluded.
• Builds relationship with Branch Managers and Relationship Managers to improve quality of business proposals and turnaround time on credit evaluations.
• Actioning of the daily referral report and make decisions to pay or not based on the reason for excess and source of adjustment, the terms of sanction in existence and the risk to which the Bank is exposed.
• Issuing of sanction documents, clearly stating the conditions and requirements of the lending.
• Ensure completeness of documentation, reconfirming (as per agreed frequency) that appropriate verification of information and documentation has been carried out by the Loan Origination & Servicing Team, credit bureau & CBN CRMS status searches, full compliance with product parameters/lending policy guidelines/other governance requirements on all personal credits processed
• Carry out other functions that may be assigned from time to time by the Head, Personal Lending or Head, PBB Credit.
Key performance measures
• Adherence to agreed TAT on all personal credits processed.
• Quality of credit risk evaluation as reflected in zero overrides of recommendations, performance of personal risk asset portfolio (as measured by credit loss ratio, default rate, et al), etc.
• Quality of services rendered and effectiveness of support provided to business units as measured by portfolio growth, rework rate of < 10%, 100% TAT within SLA, low volume/infrequent service delivery complaints, minimum of 90% ISS rating for PBB Credit.
• Adherence to product parameters, credit policies and governance standards as reflected in satisfactory audit ratings, zero CBN & NDIC regulatory exception reports, etc.
Key Dimensions of the job (to be completed in-country)
• Achievement of risk asset budget for the personal credit portfolio.
• Growth and maintenance of high quality risk asset portfolio for the Bank.
• Minimization of credit losses.
• Delegated Authority holder.
Required Skills and Qualifications
Interested and suitably qualified candidate should click here to apply online.